Clear All

Authentic page mp3s - 'cello sonata no.3 Op.69

Now available to members at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/authentic.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Originally posted by Peter:
    Now available to members at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/authentic.html

A nice effort this, again the period instruments and limited vibrato add transparency and clarity to Beethoven's robust textures.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      A nice effort this, again the period instruments and limited vibrato add transparency and clarity to Beethoven's robust textures.

excellent performance once again,,,especially the trio does *as you put it* sound clear...thnx for this mp3....can't wait untill you present us the ghost triol...will it contain the slow movement??I'm quite curious what an authentic instrument will do with this piece...as the pedalling nowadays applied does give it a cloudy sound often...

Comment

Originally posted by ruudp:
        excellent performance once again,,,especially the trio does *as you put it* sound clear...thnx for this mp3....can't wait untill you present us the ghost triol...will it contain the slow movement??I'm quite curious what an authentic instrument will do with this piece...as the pedalling nowadays applied does give it a cloudy sound often...
        I have two versions of the 'Ghost' on period instruments. I'd upload the slow movement, but usually I prefer Allegros for this mp3 page as these tend to demonstrate the different characteristics of the fortepiano, especially in Beethoven's hands, more forcefully than the slower movements.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
        X