Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1970 with Ustinov

Hello!
    Can anybody tell me something about a play, that belonged to the bicentennial of LvB's birth celebrations. The only thing I know about it is that Beethoven suddenly was "dropped" again to earth and found himself amidst a rock-band. I think (Sir) Peter Ustinov played LvB. I would be interested to know, what then happened. (I have never grown to really like popular music.)

"Beethoven's Tenth" (a 2 act play) was written by Peter Ustinov and produced in 1982, not for the bicentennial.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

You are probably thinking about the 1983 play "Beethoven's Tenth" written by Sir Peter Ustinov. Here is a little about it from another Beethoven site:
      http://www.lvbeethoven.com/Fictions/...ysEnglish.html

I just noticed that Peter beat me to it.

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Hollywood (edited 01-28-2005).]
      "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:

"Beethoven's Tenth" (a 2 act play) was written by Peter Ustinov and produced in 1982, not for the bicentennial.

Thank you, Peter and Hollywood!
        I am though, a little bit confused, but this could be it ...most certainly. I'll try to find the book!

Comment

Working...
        X