Clear All

Authentic page mp3s - 12 variations Op.66

Now available to members at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/authentic.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Originally posted by Peter:
    Now available to members at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/authentic.html

Lovely performance if a bit short..is the cello period aswell???and if so...does this only apply for the gutstrings or other aspects as well??

Comment

Originally posted by ruudp:

Lovely performance if a bit short..is the cello period aswell???and if so...does this only apply for the gutstrings or other aspects as well??
      This is an excellent recording and cost just £4.99. All the instruments at this page are authentic originals or copies in all the mp3s. As far as I am aware the whole of the cello is authentic.

I could have offered more variations but i needed room for 4 tracks I have just oploaded to my Handel site, which are great too.

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 01-07-2005).]
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
        This is an excellent recording and cost just £4.99. All the instruments at this page are authentic originals or copies in all the mp3s. As far as I am aware the whole of the cello is authentic.

I could have offered more variations but i needed room for 4 tracks I have just oploaded to my Handel site, which are great too.

how come so cheap???since authentic performances outside the netherlands are usually more expensive...we've got groceries selling gorgeous renditions at even better prices...but 4,99 is a steal aswell

Comment

Originally posted by ruudp:

how come so cheap???since authentic performances outside the netherlands are usually more expensive...we've got groceries selling gorgeous renditions at even better prices...but 4,99 is a steal aswell
          Apex is Warner's cheap classical label, all their CD's are £4.99 here in UK. But the 3 Apex volumes of B's cello music are a reissue of a full price set, and as such are excellent value and the performances speak for themselves. You'll be hearing B's op.69 sonata from this set here soon.

------------------
          "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
          http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
          X