I am new here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new here...

Hello to everybody! My good friend Hofrat directed my attention to this site. My first impression is that this is a great site and I am looking forward to join. My favorite composer is Beethoven (since I was 15, now I am 58), with Schubert a close no.2. I am an amateur violist, playing in an amateur symphony orchestra (we have just performed the Mass Op.86 on four Christmas concerts), and I particularly enjoy playing chamber music with friends from the orchestra. Some time ago my trio played the 1st movement of Op.3 in public. I hope the audience enjoyed it half as much as we did!
    Looking forward to meet you all.

Welcome Florestan!!
    "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Florestan:
      Hello to everybody! My good friend Hofrat directed my attention to this site. My first impression is that this is a great site and I am looking forward to join. My favorite composer is Beethoven (since I was 15, now I am 58), with Schubert a close no.2. I am an amateur violist, playing in an amateur symphony orchestra (we have just performed the Mass Op.86 on four Christmas concerts), and I particularly enjoy playing chamber music with friends from the orchestra. Some time ago my trio played the 1st movement of Op.3 in public. I hope the audience enjoyed it half as much as we did!
      Looking forward to meet you all.
      Welcome indeed,
      music is great I myself am a amateur pianist and love playing the music there is...too bad a lot of it is still out of reach,I love various composers for various reasons, I love beethoven en general, yet adore some of chopins pianoworks, mozarts opera's and symphony's and the programme music of liszt and smetana's moldau are favourites of mine aswell

Regards,
      Ruud

Comment

Welcome to the group Florestan, and greetings from Vienna! Hello from Heiligenstadt! Always glad to hear from new people around the world who share a love of Beethoven's music.
        "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Welcome to the board, Florestan! I will look forwards to your contributions; people here are very good to talk to.

Comment

Thanks for all friendly welcoming words!

Hollywood wrote:
            [B]Welcome to the group Florestan, and greetings from Vienna! Hello from Heiligenstadt!

So you are a real Vienna inhabitant? I have had the pleasure of visiting Vienna many times, the first time in 1970, experiencing the huge bicentennary exhibition in the Parlament (as far as I can remember). I have attended Fidelio two times in Staatsoper. And each time in Vienna I at least once have dinner in the Heuriger at Pfarrplatz 2 in Heiligenstadt, where Beethoven lived in the summer of 1817. Vienna is my favorite city.

Comment

Working...
            X