Martha Argerich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martha Argerich

Has anyone heard Martha Argerich recordings of Beethoven's PC's. It would be interesting to get feed back as she has been hailed as a 'great pianist'.

------------------
    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Amalia,
    No, not the PC's, but I have the set of Violin Sonatas with Gidon Kremer, and I am very partial to them. She has a big sound and "heroic" sort of style that seems to me will be well suited to the PC's. When I see them I will surely have a listen. I am looking for a good modern set, I have Pollini but am not just completely in love with them.

------------------
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
      Amalia,
      No, not the PC's, but I have the set of Violin Sonatas with Gidon Kremer, and I am very partial to them. She has a big sound and "heroic" sort of style that seems to me will be well suited to the PC's. When I see them I will surely have a listen. I am looking for a good modern set, I have Pollini but am not just completely in love with them.

Thankyou Gurn,
      I am intrigued by the praises I have heard about Argerich's recordings of the masters piano concerto's. It have read that she is eccentric, fiesty, never dull, her tempi can be rather a shock, and perhaps a bit too high powered.
      Does that sound like someone we know ?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 12-22-2004).]

Comment

I have a couple of her recordings, but she's not playing Beethoven in any of them. She plays Schumann's piano quintett on one of my CDs, and I have also heard the recording that she made after winning the Arthur Rubinstein piano competition. On that CD, she plays Brahms, Chopin, and possibly Liszt; I can't remember. My favourite CD of hers is her recording of Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto no1. That piece is amazing. I will have to look for some of her Beethoven recordings. She is one of my favourite pianists.
        By the way, does anyone know if she still has cancer? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X