Happy Birthday Beethoven!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday Beethoven!

So how will everyone here celebrate today the Three B's (Beethoven's Birthday Bash)?

Since I have a million and one things to do today I thought that I would try to listen to a few Beethoven works before I go, but which ones? Well, I decided to play a CD a friend gave me titled "Complete Beethoven Edition Compactotheque". OK so it is a Beethoven sampler CD but it has pieces that are performed by some of the best like von Karajan, the Amadeus Quartet, Fischer-Dieskau, Placido Domingo, Yo-Yo Ma, the Berlin Philharmonic and others. This way I get a taste of many different Beethoven works including the Allegro con brio from the Sym.#5, Romance cantabile in E minor Hess 13, the Prisoner's Chorus from Fidelio, the Allegretto ma non troppo from the Piano Trio in E flat major, op. 70 no. 2, the Tempo di Menuetto from the Septetin E flat major, op.20 and more. This covers more bases when you don't have enough time in your day.

Happy Birthday Ludwig!
    "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Yes 234 today - isn't it amazing that he still sounds so well!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

¡Feliz Cumpleaños, Luis!
      Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Ludwig!
      Joyeux Anniversaire, Louis!
      Buon Compleanno, Luigi!
      Happy Birthday, Louis!

In any language you have made me happy, so, I would return that happiness to you. Today I will do this by listening to and admiring the beauty of your music. Salud!

------------------
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I'll listen to the string trios while I'm at work. Some works that don't get much attention for the master's birthday, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
          I'll listen to the string trios while I'm at work. Some works that don't get much attention for the master's birthday, I think.
          The local radio station played the first movement from the 8th symphony and a march arranged for trio..

Comment

Happy Birthday Ludwig!!

------------------
            'Truth and beauty joined'
            'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
              ¡Feliz Cumpleaños, Luis!
              Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Ludwig!
              Joyeux Anniversaire, Louis!
              Buon Compleanno, Luigi!
              Happy Birthday, Louis!

In any language you have made me happy, so, I would return that happiness to you. Today I will do this by listening to and admiring the beauty of your music. Salud!

Let's not forget dutch now gurnie
              van harte proficiat Ludwig.
              he did indeed create some of the best music ever..salut and cheers on this marvellous person.

Regards,
              Ruud

------------------
              Music is like Blood...vital too ones well-being

Comment

Originally posted by ruudp:

Let's not forget dutch now gurnie
                van harte proficiat Ludwig.
                he did indeed create some of the best music ever..salut and cheers on this marvellous person.

Regards,
                Ruud

And portuguese too ! Feliz Aniversário, Luíz! So I guess this is the day for a 9th marathon, followed by cycles marathon, followed by Fidelio marathon, followed by...

------------------
                "Wer ein holdes weib errungen..."
                "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
                  And portuguese too ! Feliz Aniversário, Luíz! So I guess this is the day for a 9th marathon, followed by cycles marathon, followed by Fidelio marathon, followed by...

OMG...one day's faarrr too short too listen too that all...however...I'll have me 9th with george szell and the cleveland orchestra at the ready oww..and wilhelm kepff performing the sturm and appasionata sonata and emil gilels playing the 4th and 5th concerto for piano and orchestra...whoops...better get too it or else the day's gone..

Ruud

Comment

Tanti Auguri Luigi!
                    I thought to myself no things by halve on such a day and started at 7am (when I left my home) with the Missa Solemnis, then the Symphony #9. After that a wild mix of LvB through the day. Right now the Piano Concertos #4&5 – a moving day today!

Comment

I celebrated Beethoven's birthday with a sonata played by Menhuin and Kempff.

Sadly my computer has crashed and I'm using
                      one at the library,time is limited so I must go.
                      Perhaps Santa will bring me a new machine.
                      "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

LUDVIG ... FOR YOU I DRINK A TOAST WITH GLENFIDDICH FOR EACH AND EVERYONE OF THOSE SCOTCH SONGS YOU WERE UNFORTUNATE ENOUGH TO HAVE TO SET TO MUSICAL ACCOMPANIMENT MERELY BECAUSE YOU DESPERATELY NEEDED GELT!

HERE'S HOPING YOUR 234TH BD IS A HAPPY ONE!

HIC...CUP!!!

------------------
                        A Calm Sea and A Prosperous Voyage
                        A Calm Sea and A Prosperous Voyage

Comment

Its Lagavulin for me - I love those Islay malts - and a blast of 5&7 conducted by Kleiber - the most superlative recordings of the Man in captivity IMHO.

------------------
                          Beethoven the Man!
                          Beethoven the Man!

Comment

Working...
                          X