My art site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My art site

Off-topic: Some of those members who knew me when I posted more frequently on this forum, asked me to let them know if and when I built a website of my art works. This is now online at

http://charles.zigmund.com

The moderators have kindly given me permission to post this message about it. Newer members are also welcome to look at it, of course.

There are wall sculptures, which are my attempt to reinvigorate representational painting by recombining it with bas relief or fully round sculpture, as it often was in ancient and medieval times. Most of these are in low relief, like coins, but the more recent ones get deeper off the wall. The latest one, 'Train coming out of a tunnel' is pretty fully three-dimensional (and also in perspective). It too hangs on the wall.

There are also watercolors, pastels and drawings. Although some of the pastels and watercolors are meant to be 'lovely' in a conventional sense; others of them, and most of the sculptures also, grow out of an American realist tradition which finds a kind of romantic poeticism in scenes of everyday life which many people don't notice because they're not 'pretty': streets, apartment buildings, roads, cars, etc. I've always been moved, even as a little child, when riding or driving in a car or travelling on a train, by these views, and feel that the buildings and the windows sort of silently express the lives going on inside them. I also am interested in trying to show that eternity is present, now, wherever we happen to be, ordinary though the place may be.

The website is not aimed at being commercial as yet, although there is an email address listed.

Chaszz

[This message has been edited by Chaszz (edited 12-07-2004).]
    See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Just checked your site out briefly. I had to look first at the watercolors since I am looking to do some artwork in that area (and I am very much a novice). The colors impressed me immediately and I will have to take a more indepth look at what you've done. The first impressions were great!

Comment

My goodness, Charles, such talent! I, too, checked in only briefly to the watercolours and pastels, two fields of art I am most interested in and loved the colours and depth as well. I will give this more of my attention in due time. Keep up the good work!

------------------
      'Truth and beauty joined'
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Thanks, Sorrano and Joy.
        See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Working...
        X