Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best Recordings Of Beethoven

http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven.html

This site is probably quite well-known. The extracts of recordings are fantastic! I especially like the Beethoven Sonata ones, I think they are better than Brendel and anybody else! I'm desperately trying to find out whose recordings are they.

Do you like them?

Originally posted by Uniqor:
    http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven.html

This site is probably quite well-known. The extracts of recordings are fantastic! I especially like the Beethoven Sonata ones, I think they are better than Brendel and anybody else! I'm desperately trying to find out whose recordings are they.

Do you like them?

"In German

* Uhde, Jürgen. Beethovens Klaviermusik.
    Stuttgart: Reclam, 1980. 2. und 3. Bde."

Cited from the website.

Comment

Danke you for the reply man. Bye the way, "Danke" is probably the only word I know, did I spell it right though?

Jürgen Uhde, Who is he? But it's irrelavent for my original question: who played in the recordings?

[This message has been edited by Uniqor (edited 11-29-2004).]

Comment

Danke you for the reply man. Bye the way, "Danke" is probably the only word I know, did I spell it right though?

Jürgen Uhde, Who is he? But it's irrelavent for my original question: who played in the recordings?

[This message has been edited by Uniqor (edited 11-29-2004).]

I've not run across this pianist before. Anyone else know of him?

Comment

Are you sure those were his recordings?

Or someelse played the guy's intepretation on the sonatas. He's supposed to be a interpreter of Beethoven.

Comment

Are you sure those were his recordings?

Or someelse played the guy's intepretation on the sonatas. He's supposed to be a interpreter of Beethoven.
            That is simply what's listed at the bottom of that web site. I copied it directly and pasted it in my previous post.

Comment

So what are you trying to say man? That those recordings were his?

Comment

So what are you trying to say man? That those recordings were his?

Apparently. The website gives the credit to him. Otherwise I don't know why it would appear at the bottom of the page.

Comment

Well, since the guy's book "Beethovens klaviermusik" is mentioned in so much detail, I assumed that the recordings were based on the versions presented in that book. Whatever, I like them very much.

Comment

Working...
                  X