X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]Originally posted by spaceray:
    Originally posted by Ahmad:

Spaceray,
    I like this trio, especially the beatiful adagio in the middle..! One of my favourites...
    How is it going on with piano practising?

QUOTE]
    Ahmad,
    I gave up the piano a few months ago , it was just impossible,I learned to play a bit but it was clear to me that I would never be able to make an intelligent noise on the thing.I could only play at glacial speeds.
    Truely a hopeless endeavour for me. However I'm a lot more comfotable with music language and key structures and relationships as well as music terms.
    I am better able to understand books that I read on music.So I don't think I wasted my time or money on the venture.
    I can play Robert Schumann's 'Traumeri'if you've got a couple of hours.
    Thanks for asking though,
    Muriel

You are not alone Muriel, another adult has resigned...!

I've been trying to learn first movement of Clementi's easy sonatine no.6 since two monthes, and finally I ended up playing it with half speed and horribly! I find it impossible to acquire the right technique, the right sound or the right speed. I feel it but can't express it on that instrument! There has been two weeks since my last trial on it. During this period I haven't touched the piano and I will not...

It's better to listen! Now with Mozart Symphony no.36 "Linzer", Mozart festival orchestra conducted by Alfred Scholz...That's better

[This message has been edited by Ahmad (edited 11-05-2004).]

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:
      For those who noticed my entry of Tchaikowsky's 7th symphony, apparently he had sketched at least 3 movements and what I listened to was an orchestral realization of the sketches. Sorry that my information on this is just as sketchy, but that is about what I heard. How much of this has been realized I do not know but I think it bears some investigation.
      Well Sorrano, I didn't meant to be ironic at all... All you mention about Tchailkovsky's 7 th is new to me...I though it was just a mistake...That's it...

Comment

Schubert: Fantasie in C,'Wandererfantasie'
        Paul Lewis [piano]

Bach: Suite in G, BWV995
        Konrad Junghanel, [Lute]

Beethoven: Piano Sonata, no.26 'Les Adieux'
        Wilhelm Backhaus [piano]

Handel's Exuberant Music for The Royal Fireworks / Le Concert de Nations / Jordi Savall
        A great recording!

Imagine everybody in Green Park where it was performed in 1749 being a part of this exillirating music.

:

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 11-06-2004).]
        ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

W.A. Mozart Grabmusik KV.42
          Cantata for Soprano, bass, choir, organ & orchestra - most wonderful one of my momentary favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
            W.A. Mozart Grabmusik KV.42
            Cantata for Soprano, bass, choir, organ & orchestra - most wonderful one of my momentary favorites
            Seems an early work by little Wolfy...!

Now with Beethoven, Piano Sonata in Eb, Op.81 'Les Adieux'.
            Alfred brendel....

Comment

Well Sorrano, I didn't meant to be ironic at all... All you mention about Tchailkovsky's 7 th is new to me...I though it was just a mistake...That's it...
              This was new to me, too, when I heard the movement on the radio the other day. It bears some research.

Today is another Russian day for me, but more contemporary: early Scriabin piano music.

Comment

Seems an early work by little Wolfy...!

Now with Beethoven, Piano Sonata in Eb, Op.81 'Les Adieux'.
                Alfred brendel....
                Early but mature that Wolfrl work! I like 'Les Adiuex' and I love it when Brendel plays it, beautiful!

Right now Vivaldi - Concerti di Camera
                Il Giardino Armonico

Comment

A little Haydn tonight, but not Franz Joseph. His brother Michael is on tap this evening. His Symphonies Nos. 26, 27, and 28.
                  To bad this composer lays in the shadow of his big brother because his music is such a delight and so neglected.

Comment

J.S. BACH - The Brandenburg Concertos 1-6 - Vienna Academy/Martin Haselböck

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
                      J.S. BACH - The Brandenburg Concertos 1-6 - Vienna Academy/Martin Haselböck

Pastorali, I was listening Bach's Brandenburg concertos earlier, aren't they just Wunderwerken !

Now another great piece by baroque composer, KRAFT - Concerto in C-dur / Anner Bylsma [cello] / Tafelmusik

- to my mind , this piece sounds Mozartian in parts.

PERGOLESI: Salve Regina,
                      Ruth Ziesak [soprano]
                      La Stagione /Michael Schnieder /Deutsche Harmonie Mundi.

BACH: Cantata BWV 55, Ich armer Mensch, Ich Sundenknecht,
                      [I wretched man, I slave of sin] /
                      American Bach Soloists.

------------------
                      ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 11-07-2004).]

Comment

Good morning, happy Sunday all!

For me this morning, it is the Symphony in d minor - #9 - Op 125 - the incomparable Louis Beethoven. Today it is the Boston Philharmonic led by Benjamin Zander. Not only a very nicely played version (albeit on modern instruments) at correct tempi, but the tracks are tied to score references that make it easy even for one such as I to follow along! Super! And with the beautiful sunrise over foggy fields comes a lovely Autumn day that smacks of perfection for a round of golf. I love Sundays!

------------------
                        Regards,
                        Gurn
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Regards,
                        Gurn
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Beethoven: St. Quartet in C# minor, 0p.131,
                          1st, Movement, Adagio ma non troppo e molto espressivo. This ravishing and sublime quartet played by the - Busch Quartet.

This is a truly transcendental piece, which carries the listener to some blessed faraway place.

------------------
                          ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie:

Handel's Exuberant Music for The Royal Fireworks / Le Concert de Nations / Jordi Savall
                            A great recording!

This music is given homage by LvB in his famous op 124 Consecration of the House. So much so that very often, when I hum one to myself, I fall into the other.

Beethoven is known to have considered Handel's music to have taught him a lot. Anecdotally, it seems that when LVB, on his latter day sick bed, received a copy of Handel's collected works, he is supposed to have remarked on his admiration for that great past composer. So it is not surprising to see the Consecration, in its similarities to the Royal Firworks, as a tribute and homage to another much admired master musician.

PS... even more interesting... according to the Opus numbers, the Consecration of the House, is music falling between two of the greatest LVB works, the Missa Solemnis, op 123, and Symhony No. 9, op 125.

------------------
                            Must it be? It must be!

[This message has been edited by Ateach Asc (edited 11-07-2004).]
                            Must it be? It must be!

Comment

Originally posted by King Stephen:
                              A little Haydn tonight, but not Franz Joseph. His brother Michael is on tap this evening. His Symphonies Nos. 26, 27, and 28.
                              To bad this composer lays in the shadow of his big brother because his music is such a delight and so neglected.
                              Steve,
                              How does the symphonies sound, it's interesting to compare tow brothers styles..!
                              By the way, How is it going on with your classical music teaching program?

Now with Mozart, symphony no.39 , Mozart festival orchestra, conducted by Alfred Scholz...

[This message has been edited by Ahmad (edited 11-07-2004).]

Comment

Benedict sit Deus KV.117
                                ...and some other Offertoria by Wolfgang Amadeus.

Comment

Working...
                                X