Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ruudp:
    [B] Gurn and joy,
    I can only follow up on the long list of people wishing you a very nice holidays and wish that aswell ..I disagree however on the beethoven issue regarding gould,I've got a rendition of him playing the pathetique and I just LOVE it, it's SOOO vibrant and lively...
    Btw..I bought today ALSO *I was in a buyish mood * emil gilels performing beethoven..6 cd's containing AL the concerto's and some of the more prominent pianosonata's I love the works so far but I was wondering what the good people from this forum hold of emil gilels....

Regards,
    Ruud

P.s I want cake as well

Shall there be no more cakes and ales?

Ruud, I hope you enjoyed you Dvorak day!

------------------
    ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~
    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Amalie:
      [b]
      Originally posted by ruudp:
      Gurn and joy,
      I can only follow up on the long list of people wishing you a very nice holidays and wish that aswell ..I disagree however on the beethoven issue regarding gould,I've got a rendition of him playing the pathetique and I just LOVE it, it's SOOO vibrant and lively...
      Btw..I bought today ALSO *I was in a buyish mood * emil gilels performing beethoven..6 cd's containing AL the concerto's and some of the more prominent pianosonata's I love the works so far but I was wondering what the good people from this forum hold of emil gilels....

Regards,
      Ruud

P.s I want cake as well

Yes I enjoyed it very much thank you, his 4e mains music is delightfull..I hope that i'll be able to play it with my teacher soon * I already played mozart's kv.19d in C major and Kv.381 in D major with schoolstudents GREAT fun...
      Regards,
      ruud..

P.s momentarily it's the mp3 from rod again..lovely piece.

------------------
      Music is like Blood...vital too ones well-being

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Amalie:
        [b]
        Gurn and joy,

Regards,
        Ruud

P.s I want cake as well

You can't go wrong with Emil Giles or Arrau performing Beethoven although Brendel is of course pre-eminent.IMO But my views are not necessarily ex-cathedra to say the least!

------------------

Comment

Mozart's favorite cakes were absolutely delicious ,there were twelve pieces ,four of us ate every bite.Now for a long walk.

This morning we listened to Mendelsshon's
          Italian Symphony.Baby loved it!
          "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie:

believe me..ever since I heard brendel play mozarts rondo for piano and orchestra in D major and liszts 2nd hungaric rhapsody in C sharp Minor..I LOVE this man and his playing
            http://www.avroklassiek.nl/luisterka...ker/030722.asp

follow this link...click on the earshell and enjoy brendel playing liszt..this one's on the house

regards,
            Ruud

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
              Mozart's favorite cakes were absolutely delicious ,there were twelve pieces ,four of us ate every bite.Now for a long walk.

This morning we listened to Mendelsshon's
              Italian Symphony.Baby loved it!
              then baby surely has got taste...who can blaim her with such grandparents..

Comment

then baby surely has got taste...who can blaim her with such grandparents..
                You are doing a grand job there Spacerl, it is very good for young children to listen to classical music.

Ruud, I love Brendel too, he is of course brilliant on Mozart, my friend and I listen to him whilst travelling in the car to work.
                His playing is absolutely gorgeous.
                I was unable to get the listening link you posted, but not to worry.
                Would you like me to send you a CD (new) with Claudio Arrau playing LISZT
                The pieces are:

Sonata in B minor

Benediction de Dieu dans la solitude

Zwei Konzertetuden

Vallee d'Obermann

My husband has an extensive collection and these pieces are duplicated.
                You are most welcome to have it as a gift.
                I am sure you will find it a real gem!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 09-03-2004).]

Comment

You are doing a grand job there Spacerl, it is very good for young children to listen to classical music.

Ruud, I love Brendel too, he is of course brilliant on Mozart, my friend and I listen to him whilst travelling in the car to work.
                  His playing is absolutely gorgeous.
                  I was unable to get the listening link you posted, but not to worry.
                  Would you like me to send you a CD (new) with Claudio Arrau playing LISZT
                  The pieces are:

Sonata in B minor

Benediction de Dieu dans la solitude

Zwei Konzertetuden

Vallee d'Obermann

My husband has an extensive collection and these pieces are duplicated.
                  You are most welcome to have it as a gift.
                  I am sure you will find it a real gem!

WOULD I?? W O U L D I?>??*eyes are turning into greedy little beads * I'd be the biggest idiot in the world not too like that idea..I'd be MOST gratefull for such an offer..perhaps I can once repay the debt ...
                  for now it's a midified version of listz's transcription of the ouverture too rossini's wilhelm tell.
                  Regards,
                  ruud

------------------
                  Music is like Blood...vital too ones well-being

Comment

Some of you people will think I have taken leave of my senses, but right now I am listening to the music of Scott Joplin
                    (1868-1917) the composer of some wonderful ragtime music. This man's music was all but forgotten, for over 50 years, until the movie "The Sting" used for it's theme music a two step rag called "The Entertainer". It was finally acknowledged that Joplin's music was a great contribution to American music. Roy Eaton, the pianist in this recording, said that a Joplin rag is to America what a Chopin Mazurka is to Poland: the elevation of an indigenous form of expression into art of the highest standard. At any rate, putting all this aside, I like the music.....

Comment

Originally posted by King Stephen:
                      Some of you people will think I have taken leave of my senses, but right now I am listening to the music of Scott Joplin
                      (1868-1917) the composer of some wonderful ragtime music. This man's music was all but forgotten, for over 50 years, until the movie "The Sting" used for it's theme music a two step rag called "The Entertainer". It was finally acknowledged that Joplin's music was a great contribution to American music. Roy Eaton, the pianist in this recording, said that a Joplin rag is to America what a Chopin Mazurka is to Poland: the elevation of an indigenous form of expression into art of the highest standard. At any rate, putting all this aside, I like the music.....
                      to continue the American thread; I have been listening to Aaron Coplands Symphony No. 3.
                      Leonard Bernstein: New York Philharmonic.

------------------
                      v russo
                      v russo

Comment

A wonderful radio selection this am. this is a typical early morning start on Radio 3

Brahms: Tragic Overture,
                        Danish National Radio Orchestra.
                        A lovely piece indeed!

Haydn: Sonata in C minor, Hob XV1 20.
                        Andreas Staier (piano)

Schubert: Impromptus, 0p.90, No.4
                        Murray Perahia, (piano)

Mozart: Serenade No.12, C minor, K388
                        Vienna Wind Soloists

Rossini, Overture, Barbiere di Siviglia
                        Chicago Symphony Orchestra.

Beethoven: Piano Sonata no.13, Eb major,
                        0p.27, 'sonata quasi una fantasia'
                        Emil Gilels (piano)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 09-05-2004).]

Comment

A wonderful radio selection this am. this is a typical early morning start on Radio 3

Brahms: Tragic Overture,
                          Danish National Radio Orchestra.
                          A lovely piece indeed!

Haydn: Sonata in C minor, Hob XV1 20.
                          Andreas Staier (piano)

Schubert: Impromptus, 0p.90, No.4
                          Murray Perahia, (piano)

Mozart: Serenade No.12, C minor, K388
                          Vienna Wind Soloists

Rossini, Overture, Barbiere di Siviglia
                          Chicago Symphony Orchestra.

Beethoven: Piano Sonata no.13, Eb major,
                          0p.27, 'sonata quasi una fantasia'
                          Emil Gilels (piano)

Check your e-mail Ruud, I shall arrange for the CD to be sent early next week.
                          Enjoy!

Aloha from Hawaii,
                          This is my first transmission, so here goes!!
                          quite an impressive selection-ever listen to Henryk Gorecki or Max Bruch?
                          Aloha,
                          EGMONT

Comment

W.A. Mozart - Salzburger Divertimento #1 KV.136 Splendid!

Comment

Aloha to Hawai Egmont!
                              I don't know Gorecki, but Max Bruch is one of my favorites. I have to make some gardening right after, in company: Nigel Kennedy playing Bruch's VC#1, Mendelsson op.64 and a lovely Rondo by Schubert.
                              I'm not one who says one can only listen to the first Violin Concert by Bruch though

Comment

Originally posted by v russo:
                                to continue the American thread; I have been listening to Aaron Coplands Symphony No. 3.
                                Leonard Bernstein: New York Philharmonic.

Ah, yes, Copland's 3rd symphony another fine work reflecting the American music scene. If you are not familiar with Roy Harris you might want to try his 3rd symphony. It is a jam packed melodic 18 minute one movement symphony that is made up of 5 sections.

Comment

Working...
                                X