The Berlin Philharmonic / Sir Simon Rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Berlin Philharmonic / Sir Simon Rattle

I was very fortunate to secure a ticket for the unforgettable performance at the Royal Albert Hall, Proms 67. I just couldn't miss this one.
    A tremendous performance of Beethoven's 9th performed by the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra under Sir Simon Rattle.
    Rattle in own inimitable style, brought a lot of naunces out particularly in the slower passages.
    I would call this interpretation very much a 'Beethoven of our times' and I think it should be commended.
    It was absolutely thrilling to hear and see the Berlin Philharmonic, this 'mighty powerfull machine' in action, flawless and almost pitiless in its sheer professionalism and drive. A truly fabulous orchestra.
    I have to say there is nothing like the experience of listening and losing yourself in this staggering Beethoven's 9th symphony 'live' where one can pick up the whole tremendous ambience the musical and artistic world Beethoven created as we head for the place beyond the stars in Beethoven's own company!
    I found myself completely taken up into this work.
    You could feel the tension and build up to the finale, then came the tremendous roar and cheer from the promenaders at the finish.
    A memory that will never leave me and can draw on as time goes by.

------------------
    ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~
    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Originally posted by Amalie:

I was very fortunate to secure a ticket for the unforgettable performance at the Royal Albert Hall, Proms 67. I just couldn't miss this one.
    A tremendous performance of Beethoven's 9th performed by the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra under Sir Simon Rattle.
    Rattle in own inimitable style, brought a lot of naunces out particularly in the slower passages.
    I would call this interpretation very much a 'Beethoven of our times' and I think it should be commended.
    It was absolutely thrilling to hear and see the Berlin Philharmonic, this 'mighty powerfull machine' in action, flawless and almost pitiless in its sheer professionalism and drive. A truly fabulous orchestra.
    I have to say there is nothing like the experience of listening and losing yourself in this staggering Beethoven's 9th symphony 'live' where one can pick up the whole tremendous ambience the musical and artistic world Beethoven created as we head for the place beyond the stars in Beethoven's own company!
    I found myself completely taken up into this work.
    You could feel the tension and build up to the finale, then came the tremendous roar and cheer from the promenaders at the finish.
    A memory that will never leave me and can draw on as time goes by.

Most impressive review, too! Thanks for sharing that experience!

Comment

Working...
    X