Horneman picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horneman picture

Just an observation. I have this picture on my desktop. I get a Mona Lisa vibe from it. I feel like the Master is smiling at me. Has anyone else noticed this?
    I am woman. Hear me roar!

Originally posted by Margaretha:
    Just an observation. I have this picture on my desktop. I get a Mona Lisa vibe from it. I feel like the Master is smiling at me. Has anyone else noticed this?
    horneman picture??could someone help me...I only know the waldmuller picture by name..

Comment

Originally posted by ruudp:
      horneman picture??could someone help me...I only know the waldmuller picture by name..

check it out here on the sites Gallery page Ruud,
      http://www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk...regallery.htm.

click on the dates to view portraits.

1803 for the Horneman portrait.

------------------
      ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~
      ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie:

check it out here on the sites Gallery page Ruud,
        http://www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk...regallery.htm.

click on the dates to view portraits.

1803 for the Horneman portrait.

many thanx for that link amalie, i agree that this portrait has something enigmatic over it a sort of peaceness/calmness which you wouldn't expect..

------------------
        Music is like Blood...vital too ones well-being

Comment

This painting on ivory of Beethoven by Christian Horneman is my favorite portrait of the Maestro. I had a copy of this portrait commissioned in oil and it has a prominent place on my wall. This is a great painting and the eyes follow you around the room. Sometimes he appears to look right through you.

I live in Heiligenstadt just down the street from the house where Beethoven lived when he composed his Sym. #2 and his Testament. This Horneman portrait was painted at this time and I can look at my Beethoven painting and see how he looked when he lived in this house in my neighborhood. I love it!
          "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

I hadn't looked at the picture gallery yet, and certainly depicts a bright eyes and can feel he gives you his approval. It's a beautiful portait .
            Check out the Ashkenazy set of Beethoven Piano Sonatas (London /Decca); the cover is a 1815 painting from Willibrod Joseph Mahler. I listen to music mainly at work and since Beethoven expression is more grief in that painting (and of course, older), I've felt a couple of times like he's saying "are you sure? come on! You shouldn't do it that way".
            They could have used this Horneman portrait

Comment

Working...
            X