Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rod:
    Your inclination is absolutely correct.

The practicalities of the matter are that most people are not in a position of owning a fortepiano, a harpsichord and a Clavichord all at once - therefore if we adhered to this authenticity rigidly, much great music would be lost altogether.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      The practicalities of the matter are that most people are not in a position of owning a fortepiano, a harpsichord and a Clavichord all at once - therefore if we adhered to this authenticity rigidly, much great music would be lost altogether.

I wasn't talking about private play hell I don't *unfortunately* have got a fortepiano..ofcourse then you'd have too do with whatever you've got.BUT in recording business I'd say authenticity should be the most important matter..
      one question though...I recently played on a 150 year old seiler piano..is it a piano or a fortepiano then??what's the main difference according to ya'all

Regards,
      ruud

------------------
      Music is like Blood...vital too ones well-being

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:

I was thinking of a professional performance, where the public are paying for the pleasure..or otherwise!

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

As requested, for a limited time only, here's the adagio from op53 performed by Melvyn Tan on his 1814 Streicher copy.

Adagio molto

Enjoy

------------------
          "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 09-01-2004).]
          http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

As requested, for a limited time only, here's the adagio from op53 performed by Melvyn Tan on his 1814 Streicher copy.

Adadio molto

Enjoy

ENjoyed it I did Indd...you're the best...it's a really marvellous rendition..thnx SOO much for the 2nd movement..
            Regards,
            Ruud

------------------
            Music is like Blood...vital too ones well-being

Comment

Adagio molto

Enjoy

Rod, you sound like you're doing a commercial "for a limited time only..."
              Anyway, enjoyed this, thanks!

------------------
              'Truth and beauty joined'
              'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
              X