Christus am Ölberge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christus am Ölberge

I have already the Spering recording (Opus 111, #30281 - my favorite), the Nagano/Domingo one (Harmonia Mundi, #901802 - I really dislike Domingo), the Gedda/Wangenheim one (EMI, #85687 - Gedda has The high notes) and the Wunderlich/Spruit one (Bella Voce, #7003 - Wunderlich is always wonderous, always).
    Is there any other one recommended, I bought the Spering one because I like his work a lot, the Domingo one because it was very recommended (but I disliked it) and the Gedda and Wunderlich ones because the are The tenors and they really make The Jesus as expected, I want to know now if you recommend any other or should I settle with these one, I can never get too much of this piece.

Also, is the Fischer-Dieskau/Fricsay recordings of the 9th and Fidelio recommended?

Thanks a lot.

------------------
    "Aaaaagnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi... PAM, PAM PA RAM PAM PAM..." (Missa Solemnis)
    "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
    I have already the Spering recording (Opus 111, #30281 - my favorite), the Nagano/Domingo one (Harmonia Mundi, #901802 - I really dislike Domingo), the Gedda/Wangenheim one (EMI, #85687 - Gedda has The high notes) and the Wunderlich/Spruit one (Bella Voce, #7003 - Wunderlich is always wonderous, always).
    Is there any other one recommended, I bought the Spering one because I like his work a lot, the Domingo one because it was very recommended (but I disliked it) and the Gedda and Wunderlich ones because the are The tenors and they really make The Jesus as expected, I want to know now if you recommend any other or should I settle with these one, I can never get too much of this piece.

Also, is the Fischer-Dieskau/Fricsay recordings of the 9th and Fidelio recommended?

Thanks a lot.

For Christus there is a period instrument recording on opus111 label by Christoph Spering and Das Neue Orchester. Not perfect, but the best I have heard of this piece to date.

I have the Fidelio CD you mention, pretty good despite it being an old recording.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      For Christus there is a period instrument recording on opus111 label by Christoph Spering and Das Neue Orchester. Not perfect, but the best I have heard of this piece to date.

I have the Fidelio CD you mention, pretty good despite it being an old recording.

Thanks, I already have the Spering CD and I like it best from the 4 I have. I was wondering if his recordings of Rossini's Stabat Mater and of Cherubini's Requiem is also recommendable.
      Also, is the 9th with Dieskau/Fricsay good too?

------------------
      "Aaaaagnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi... PAM, PAM PA RAM PAM PAM..." (Missa Solemnis)
      "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

Working...
      X