Prince of Wales March. H V111 3
    Bratislava Chamber Harmony

Mozart: Bassoon Concerto in Bb major, K191
    Peter Henzel (bassoon)
    Bratislava Radio Symphony Orchestra

Beethoven: Rondo in C, 0p.51 no.1
    Sviatoslav Richter (piano)

Great line-up amalie,
    Is that schoondewoerd as dutch as I think he is??if so then it must be a superb recording :razz ..for me it's been a midi recording of liszts transcription of the ouverture wilhelm tell impressive music..it also has been perayha playing *wrong spelling I know* mozarts kv.107 concerto nr.1 in D major..and the itialian symphony by mendelssohn
    ]Regards,
    Ruud

------------------
    Music is like Blood...vital too ones well-being

Comment

Originally posted by King Stephen:
      Sorrano,
      From all of the muddle that I have read about a so-called 7th symphony of Schubert the one I find most believable is the following. Although he started but did not finish at least a half dozen symphonies he did manage to complete 8. The so called 7th, also referred to as the "Gastein" symphony in reality did not exist. It seems that the "Gastein" was an early draft of the Symphony No.9 in C Major. If that is the case then the Symphony that is know as the 8th, the "Unfinished" is really the 7th and the 9th in C major is the 8th. The work you refer to might be one of the works that Schubert never finished but had progressed as far as a piano score and, to quote David Wright, "It was dignified by a Schubert cataloguer as Symphony No. 7". (This and other smphonic fragmants have been orchestrated by various scholars and composers, with interesting results, but without restoring any echt Schubert to the canon.)"

[This message has been edited by King Stephen (edited 08-30-2004).]

[This message has been edited by King Stephen (edited 08-30-2004).]
      I have an lp of the 7th Symphony orchestrated. I don't recall who did it but it just didn't seem the same to me as his other symphonies. This was, of course, as you indicated, from a completed piano score that had been laid aside.

Gurn, that Berlioz symphony for winds is one of my favorite wind works.

And speaking of winds, it was Holst for me, the second suite for winds (at least I think it was winds--it was too early this morning, but I can't get the wonderful dance theme from the last movement out of my head.

Comment

I'm listening to Wind Serenades by Mozart,
        The Divertimento in B flat major.

The thing about the Antonio Rosetti oboe concertos is that it sounds like Mozart,it feels like Mozart but man it ain't Mozart.
        "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

atserri,
          OK, works for me. Yes, I have listened to that disk often since I got it, it doesn't wear out its welcome. Thousands don't care for Schiff, not me, however. And yes, the historical value adds that bit of piquant interest. I have never heard a concerto for two pianos newer than Mendelssohn's pair. I have heard Rachy 2, however I like him too, for Late Romantic, he manages to make the piano concerto a viable force right into the 20th century.

Ruud,
          Hah, I have that Perhaia recording of K 107. Those concertos are hard to find, but quite interesting. They are frequently disregarded as "pasticcios", but they stand on their own, IMHO, and were also necessary to Wolfrl's development, which alone is enough to make them interesting. And the Italian Symphony too, good day! Oh, you didn't answer my question on email!?

Sorrano,
          Yes, it really is quite good, I just like to rag Berlioz because he is so... French I haven't heard that Holst, is that what it is called? Suite for Winds #2?

Spacerl,
          Ah, Mozart, can't go wrong. In regards to your Rosetti and serenades, note that on that disk of Mozart there is one called K Anh 192 (?). The Anh means that it is not certain if he wrote it or not. If he didn't, note how hard it is to tell it just by listening! I think that has some analogy to what you are hearing on the Rosetti. But in any case, his things are very nice. I have an oboe concerto by him also and a couple of symphonies, and they are most enjoyable.

For me now, it is Bryn Terfel singing B's "Consecration of the House". Yes, the whole thing, even the singing! Gurnrl, what has come over you

------------------
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

This evening lineup consists on Beethoven's violin sonatas no. 2, 4, 9 and 10 from different sources:

Menuhin / Kentner set (recorded '50s): nos. 2, 4, 9 and 10.
            Perlman / Ashkenazy: nos. 2 & 9.
            Menuhin / Gould: no. 10.

Great music, great performances, what else could one ask for?

Finally, the no. 4 it's a really beautiful (and energic) sonata Gurn, it's giving me energy.

Comment

Working...
            X