Amadeus Music Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amadeus Music Identification

There is one (and only one!) last remaining piece of music in the film Amadeus that I have failed to identify. Perhaps a fellow poster could enlighten me?

At the beginning of the film, the old Salieri is narrating the story of his childhood, and contrasting it with the childhood of the Wunderkind Mozart. There is then footage of a very young boy Wolfgang playing the harpsicord for some aristocrat or important person (I think it may be the Pope!). He is playing variations on a melody blindfolded. Then Leopold lifts him onto a chair, and he plays the same melody on a violin.

What is this melody? Is it by the boy Mozart or by another composer?
    "It is only as an aesthetic experience that existence is eternally justified" - Nietzsche

Originally posted by Steppenwolf:
    There is one (and only one!) last remaining piece of music in the film Amadeus that I have failed to identify. Perhaps a fellow poster could enlighten me?

At the beginning of the film, the old Salieri is narrating the story of his childhood, and contrasting it with the childhood of the Wunderkind Mozart. There is then footage of a very young boy Wolfgang playing the harpsicord for some aristocrat or important person (I think it may be the Pope!). He is playing variations on a melody blindfolded. Then Leopold lifts him onto a chair, and he plays the same melody on a violin.

What is this melody? Is it by the boy Mozart or by another composer?
    Steppenwolf,
    The music is indeed by mozart,.it's the klavierstück in F major Kv.33 originaly written for organ...It was composed in Zürich in october 1766 where he performed it on a local organ he also fought out a competition with a organplayer who was 2 years older..Mozart won.

------------------
    Music is like Blood...vital too ones well-being

Comment

Working...
    X