What pieces are you working on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by v russo:
    I love Scriabin. Do you know any of the sonatas? No.s 5-9-10 etc...
    amazing creations, are they not?!

The preludes are more familiar to me, along with the orchestral works. I will see if I have them in score form and will check them out if I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutradelusasa:
      He's more natural (to me) than Liszt, whom he writes more or less alike. I only get confused by the impressive amount of sharps and etc . I never heard these sonatas, with whom do you recommend them?

...Horowitz!

His later works are extremely unique as he developed a very personal and mystical style. His 5th Sonata marks this change. Another great piano piece is his, "Towards the Flame" and his tone poem for orchestra ,"Promethus- The Poem of Fire". Check these out!

------------------
      v russo
      v russo

Comment

Originally posted by Beyond Within:
        Someone is working on Chopins 4th etude op.10?! How far are you into it, and at what tempo? I was looking at it, and man there are some crazy stretches for those chords/arpeggios!!

hey!
        i'm working on that etude and i can agree that it's quite a lot of work...
        i've just started so i can't really help u ...
        let me know how are u doing so far!!

Comment

Originally posted by ruudp:
          YOU'VE PLAYED waldesrauschen already...
          For how long have you been playing then *your record says student*...I'm 18 and play the piano since my 14th this is my 4th year...I'm glad to be able too play some of chopins works let alone the works of Liszt...
          hey!
          well, i'm playing piano for 10 years now, so it's not really a big deal
          i'm still in the period of choosing programs so... maybe i will rather play chopin's barcarolla. i just love it!

Comment

Well, it's my turn...! I'm a beginner, and I'm learning :

* Mozart: K545, Piano sonata in C "Sonata facile"

* Clementi : Sonatine Op.36 no.2

*Italin Song, by Tchaikovsky (From his Children's album)

I've finished Beethoven Sonatine in G since a few days..

I think I'm in grade 3 ? Anyone have any idea about grading in piano playing ? Where would be Mozart K545?

[This message has been edited by Ahmad (edited 08-20-2004).]

Comment

I've just change of teacher this days, so I'm trying to adjust myself to his teaching way, but I'm working right now on:

- Well-tempered Clavier (I'm on the 23 prelude and fugue).
              - Sonata Op.101 Beethoven.
              - Etude Op.25 No. 5 Chopin.
              - Prelude Prelude in G- Op.23 No.5 and Op.32 No.12 Rachmaninnov.
              - Schumann A minor concerto... just cool.

Its a lot of work to me, but I'm happy with mi pieces.

Comment

Rep-wise:

I am playing Bach WTC c min. bk 2. I've known it for a while.

I have been learning the Chopin Barcarolle. Almost done. I have worked on this piece by looking at the music away from the piano and then playing it--never having the music at the piano. Interesting experiment.

Reading-wise:
                I have been working through the Beethoven quartets. I'm on the last op. 59.
                Persichetti sontatas--lots of fun.
                Yesterday, inspired by Sorrano, read through Beethoven 3rd concerto.
                Really want to try playing Bach inventions in different keys as reading exercise.

Composing-wise:
                Finished a big first movement of piano sonata. Not sure if I like it. Working on second.
                Having some things published. Very exciting.

BW,
                Chopin c# minor etude: doesn't require big stretch as much as fast rolling wrist, etc. I once saw a boy about ten do a good job on this piece.

Lars-FM,
                Have you considered Vallee d'Obermann?

Comment

Working...
                X