Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quotes

From the 1845 diary of Sir George Smart,
    "During our visit to Mr Ries this morning ,who gave me 2 Kisses On Parting,he told me an extraordinary anecdote of the King of Prussia having given a large sum to ,and settled a Pension of about 60 English Pounds ,on Mr Schindler for some Ms. of Music of Beethoven sold to the King by Mr. S._ but Mr.Holz told Mr. Ries , and showed him a paper signed by a dozen Persons of stating that Mr. S had taken this music and a trunk containing other things from Beethoven's house immediately after his death without permission from his
    Nephew or anyone else. Mr.Ries says this affair will be made public ;if so,and the assertion against Mr. Schindler should be proved,Mr Moscheles will be sufficiently revenged for all that Mr.Schindler has said against him for pirating his Book of Beethoven's Life."

Did that scoundrel Schindler ever get his come-uppence?
    "Finis coronat opus "

Originally posted by spaceray:
    From the 1845 diary of Sir George Smart,
    "During our visit to Mr Ries this morning ,who gave me 2 Kisses On Parting,he told me an extraordinary anecdote of the King of Prussia having given a large sum to ,and settled a Pension of about 60 English Pounds ,on Mr Schindler for some Ms. of Music of Beethoven sold to the King by Mr. S._ but Mr.Holz told Mr. Ries , and showed him a paper signed by a dozen Persons of stating that Mr. S had taken this music and a trunk containing other things from Beethoven's house immediately after his death without permission from his
    Nephew or anyone else. Mr.Ries says this affair will be made public ;if so,and the assertion against Mr. Schindler should be proved,Mr Moscheles will be sufficiently revenged for all that Mr.Schindler has said against him for pirating his Book of Beethoven's Life."

Did that scoundrel Schindler ever get his come-uppence?
    I can only hope so.....

Comment

Working...
    X