• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
    [B]Gutenmorgen, meine Freunde,
    Ruud, Czech Republic? Well, they have music there, you will be OK! Have fun

Amalie,
    Well, Pastor Ali is correct, this radio should be generally available to the masses! I am assuming that you spoonerized the K # and actually mean the Concerto for 2 Pianos in Eb, K 365 (316a), else you have set out to baffle me intentionally, which I don't think you would, too nice, medical professional, nah! Great concerto though, and one of Amadé's own favorites. Enjoy your day, sounds like a "can't miss"!

K365

Hey, spot on Gurn, there's no pulling a fast one on you. Yes, my apologies, that was a typo! probably due to the specs I was wearing..... the pair with only one lens in them! (just jesting).

Earlier I was listening to Schubert String Trio in Bb, D741.
    Mozart's String Quintet in C, K515.

Superb pieces!

Incase anyone is interested, there will be an all-Bach concert on Classic FM tomorrow at 21.00.

------------------
    ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~
    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Of all the forums I visit (non music included) this topic in this forum has been of greatest benefit to me. I find I listen to more music so that I can post here but the wealth of more exposure to so much good music is wonderful! This morning, Impromptus by Sibelius. Very nice works!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:
        Of all the forums I visit (non music included) this topic in this forum has been of greatest benefit to me. I find I listen to more music so that I can post here but the wealth of more exposure to so much good music is wonderful! This morning, Impromptus by Sibelius. Very nice works!
        During the long and excrutiating travel too the cyech republicof about 9 hours I Listened too beethoven¨s ninth,his tempest and appasionata by kempff, his op.90 his Hammerklavier..some chopin valses,chopins scherzo op.31in b flatminor and his militairypolonaise,,Ihope to be listening too great music the rest of the week aswell

Comment

Joy,
          Delighted you could join us on this beautiful, musical Saturday. And brought along some good tunes too! You are right, one of B's best overtures. And have you planned out the evening by disk? Or is that a radio programme? In either case it is an excellent grouping, one of H's best symphonies along with 2 of B's great ones.

Geratlas,
          Oh, I bet he is OK, that is the man who makes fun out of more words than I have seen before, and can sing every part of Mozart's naughty little canons! Now that French, who can argue with that?! Such high praise! And such good music too! The popular choices today both seem to be on your plate, Eroica and Impromptus. Bene! Yes, however, I am forced by circumstances to purchase all CD's over the Internet. So their eye-catching packaging, which has cost millions and had 4 eminent psychologists and 6 gay designers pass judgement, no doubt at the cost of whole labs of white mice too; this is all lost on me as I must purchase without ever seeing More's the pity. We shall figure out your operatic issues soon, I hadn't the time for research, but I will, then you shall have a surprise.

Amalie,
          Yes, without looking up the citation in Thayer, Schubert did meet B, just as you postulate, and I believe he even played a bit for him. B was also familiar with some of S's songs and said something about what a pity that it was too late for him to pursue that. I agree, what a pity Ah, I figured that was the one, right chipper little concerto eh? And some more super listening for you, that early Schubert Trio is a peach, and that Mozart Quintet is very probably the pinaccle of String Quintets, if not the next, the lovely g minor K 516.

Sorrano,
          well, we are delighted to have you, you always bring something intresting for us to listen to. I would like to think that one of our big reasons to be here is to learn and enjoy, the more the merrier! And see, who even knew the Sibelius wrote any impromptus!? Can you tell us a bit about them? Piano solo, may I presume? Bueno!

For me, touch more Mozart, now it is the Serenade in D major - K 320 - "Posthorn" - For those who are not familiar with serenades as a genre, they are one of the most versatile works of the time, The 1st, 5th, 6th and 7th movements can be (and often were) formed into a symphony, including minuet & trio. The 2nd, 3rd & 4th movements form a concerto, in this case for oboes, but in others for violin. There is also an introductory March, and a closing one too, sometimes different. So when a classical composer wrote an "Orchestral Serenade", it was quite a project, after all

------------------
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[This message has been edited by Gurn Blanston (edited 07-31-2004).]
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I recently taped some Overtures on TV, conducted by Karajan, and before I watched it:
            Egmont
            Corolian
            Leonore 3
            Die Tragische - Brahms

Rapsody No.5 - Liszt

Right now a deja vue with some of Haydn's Symphonies #26 'Lamentatione' - #38 'Echo' and #39

Today is the day of surprises and I surprised myself with a Naxos piece: Franz Peter Schubert - Sonata #20 D959 and #15 'Reluquie' D840, what a lovely Andante.

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited 07-31-2004).]

Comment

Ruud,
              Since I missed you last time, sorry! Must have been an interesting trip, at least you had good music for it! What are you doing, listening to the 9th on Saturday? This is not the tradition! But you had plenty of B anyway. I must tell you, it always amazes me when you guys say "we went to another country, 2 or 3 countries away, and now we are back, all today". For me, to go to another country is 2-3 days to one country, and I live near an edge! Actually, 14 hours maybe to get into Mexico, but not to any city, so much more than that!

P.
              Ah, and who does that Schubert? Jando maybe? That would be good, he has the technique to do Schubert, that's for sure. And a good lineup of overturen, so it was a good day for you! Great

For me, it is the Symphony in d minor - #9 - Op 125 - Beethoven - Hanover Band / Goodman. OK, OK, I am not a traditionalist either, but it was a new disk, I HAD to do it

------------------
              Regards,
              Gurn
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Regards,
              Gurn
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
                Geratlas, Oh, I bet he is OK,
                If you say so, Gurn... (Does he always consent with you, though...?
                Passed or alive, I mean) { }
                - Sorry, couldn't help myself.
                Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
                I am forced by circumstances to purchase all CD's over the Internet. So their eye-catching packaging, which has cost millions and had 4 eminent psychologists and 6 gay designers pass judgement, no doubt at the cost of whole labs of white mice too
                [HOW ARE THESE FO(U)R YOUR SHRINX?]
                =Touché to put it French.

[This message has been edited by Geratlas (edited 07-31-2004).]

Comment

Ger,
                  Oh, I don't know if he does or not. We have agreed between ourselves that it is necessary to disagree, but as civilized people, we should be it agreeably! In any case, we are as twin sons of different mothers in our musical tastes, quite amazing, I say!
                  Ah, so you liked my design psychologists then eh? I like to foil the best laid plans of the marketers whenever possible.

Right now, I listen to Amadé in one of his lighter moods, a canon, K 231, and send it out with best wishes.

------------------
                  Regards,
                  Gurn
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Regards,
                  Gurn
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Currently very psychologically all around here If I just would understand that stuff... and Gurn is already on D

Mozart's 'Posthorn-Serenade' KV 320 and German Dances KV571

Gurn, yes Jando is playing. A good combination this is of Naxos and Jando, also the Mozart P.C's. I find them very good. Just this shop has a very bad choice and it's good luck to find something 'new'. Stubbornness helps

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited 08-01-2004).]

Comment

P.
                      Well, too much psychology is not good for you, look at what it has done already, permanent damage, I fear Good listening that Serenade, is it not? And yes, that Naxos /Jando combination has paid off for me so far, as I have just a whole lot of their disks.

But now, it is the Sonata in f minor - #23 - Op 57 - "Appassionata". Wilhelm Kempff, my favorite Beethoven pianist at the keyboard. Outstanding!

------------------
                      Regards,
                      Gurn
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Regards,
                      Gurn
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

'The early bird catches the worm'!

Selections from this morning's playlist:

For starters:

Chopin, Ballade no.3 Op 47.
                        Valarie Tryon, (piano)
                        Strauss, Largo,Op 3, no.3
                        Ludmil Angelov. (piano)
                        Hummel, Piano Quintet, Eb, Op.87
                        Tobias Ringborg (violin)
                        John Ehde (cello), Stefan Lindgren (piano).
                        H.Kan, Ehren (double bass).
                        Alessandro Scarlatti: Toccata in G.
                        Rinaldo Alessandrini, (harpsichord).
                        Corelli: Sonata da Chiesa in C minor, 0p 1, no 8. London Baroque.
                        Beethoven: Piano Sonata no. 8, 0p. 13. 'Pathetique'. Weaves its magic spell over me every time!
                        Steven Osborne, (piano).
                        Wonder what this sonata would sound like played on a Harpsichord.
                        In the great Spirit of Bach,
                        Bach arr. Stokowski, Bouree, (English Suite no.2 A minor, BWV 807), Leopold Stokowski and his Symphony Orchestra.
                        Absolutely beautiful!
                        Bach trans. Stokowski:
                        Mein Jesu, was v
                        or Seelenweh, BWV 487
                        Leopold Stokowski and his Symphony Orchestra.
                        Mozart: Hai gia vinta la causa! (Le Nozze de Figaro, Act 3, Sc.4).
                        Simon Keenlyside(baritone)
                        Concerto Koln.
                        Johann Wilhelm Wilms
                        Symphony No.7 , c minor,
                        Concerto Koln.

More later!

Enjoy your listening.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 08-01-2004).]

Comment

Amalie dear, when did you stand up??? It must have been 4 AM when I look to your long playing list!

Great choice indeed, I only can mention the wonderful Mass in C, Op.86 which is perfect to me this Sunday morning.

Also a blind chicken finds a grain...

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
                            Amalie dear, when did you stand up??? It must have been 4 AM when I look to your long playing list!

Great choice indeed, I only can mention the wonderful Mass in C, Op.86 which is perfect to me this Sunday morning.

Also a blind chicken finds a grain...

I see you have had your daily benediction Pastorali. Listening to B's Mass in C, Which recording do you have?

I woke up around 05:30 to make coffee, my body clock never changes, even for the weekend!

BBC radio 3 is a joy to listen to at the weekends, there is so much variety and good music to listen to. They always have the favourites, and of course, Beethoven pieces practically every day.

For now it's our dear friend Ludwig again,
                            Piano Concerto no. 2, Bb, 0p.19
                            Dejan Lazic,(piano), Classical Philharmonic Bonn/Herbert Beissel.
                            The Adagio ist Sehr Traumerisch und Sehr Schone!
                            The Rondo is a wonderful tour de force!!

Handel:
                            Solomon Act 1.
                            Bless't the Lord, What though I trace each herb and flower, Blest the day. RPO/Sir Thomas Beecham.

Arvo Part,
                            Festina Lente,
                            Orchestra of the Beethovenhalle Bonn/ Dennis Russell Davies.
                            A lovely piece!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 08-01-2004).]

Comment

Good Heavens! You really blow me out on listening!

I need just say: --- AMALIE
                              What quantity - yet immense quality! WoW!- I am thrilled only by reading this 'programme'.
                              Nothing can clog your day, I take it. I wonder if you lften are such intense a listener?

In start of this Sun(ny)day a liturgic work:
                              Frz.Schubert ~ Magnificat (D.485), powerful x wonderful = bliss, here.

GURN. Psychology not good for Pastorali? Oh, really You must give credit to him, who obviously got a psyche strong enough to outstay an antarctic tour in blizzard weather, even if he had to share compartment with nut-heads like us; I recall it was You who sometime compared him to Terminator.
                              But No, we shall not push him, of course. Instead we ought to encourage him. That's psychology that would do him good, don't you think?

Now my sole music by A.Hüttenbrenner.
                              String Quintet, C ma. (Anyone who recognize it - if so I care for when it got composed.)
                              Good music.

PASTORALI - what good choices! Something like the C minor Mass (#1 as I wish to call it) is exactly what I think we all need at least once a week; to let our spirits sour. Both inwardly as outwardly. - I belive it was the conductor Beecham, who once said that if everyone of us just took time to listen on Mozart's music for only a quarter of an hour each day, the world would be a lot nicer place to live in. And you've surely done yours to make it happen!

[This message has been edited by Geratlas (edited 08-01-2004).]

Comment

Amalie,
                                Early bird indeed. And there are a couple of worms in there too . I wonder if the 3 is available on the Word Service? Hmmm... Anyway, I got that Hummel Quintet just last week, it is marvelous, Hummel is undeservedly neglected today, but that work in particular was tremendously popular for the first hundrd years of its life. Now, The Pathetique on the harpsichord. See, this is where your mean streak kicks in and it just makes my head hurt! No, no, no... no "piano", no "forte" = thus no Pathetique. Please, no!

P.
                                Ah, back to being Pastor Ali? Hope you were suitably edified, and then off to listen to Roberta, such a contrast!

Ger,
                                Psychology is not good for anyone, if people always think about WHY they are wanting to do something, then the time for doing it is long past. In your own example, if he considered WHY he was going to camp in Antartica, would he have ever been out there? No, of course he would immediately realize that the wind noise alone wouldbe enough to destroy the delicate sounds of his Kyrie, which would make him question his own sanity. You see how my logic has carried the day, yet again?
                                Well, I don't have any info on the C major Quintet, the c minor is a bit more prominent, but Anselm Huttenbrenner died in 1868 (b. 1796) So that should say somewhoere between 1830 and 60. Big help, eh? Whatever the story, the disk with his Quintet and Schubert's Nonet has made it to my list. And yet, that name is so familiar...

For me, there is no guessing. Symphony in d minor - #9 - Op 125 - The lovely, lovely Ludwig van. Then, some golf. Excellente! What a plan!

------------------
                                Regards,
                                Gurn
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                Regards,
                                Gurn
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment