Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symphony No 9 at Barbican (July 31)

Hi all,

Just a reminder that if anyone can make this concert in London a week on Saturday it would be nice to meet up and enjoy this tremendous music together!

Circle D42 is my seat number.

Hope to hear from you,

Bernard

PS: get booking as I expect this to sellout fast!!

Bernard, what did you think of the Beethoven's Violin Sonatas concerts?

------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Missed the Kreutzer because my car battery ran flat listening to the final round of the Open Golf at Troon on the radio!

However I did hear op 12 no 1, Op 30 no 1, Op 23 and Op 24. The young female violinist played these very energetically and was ably accompanied. At times I felt she didn't quite capture some of the wit and humour in these early works but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

All in all, a splendid weekend and I haven't even mentioned the delightful piano duets, mature Haydn and Beethoven string quartets and a closing sublime Mozart quintet that my friend Peter (the moderator himself) decided to give a miss! (but he did pay my entry into Lindisfarne castle so I can forgive him!!)

Comment

Originally posted by bernardc:
        Hi all,

Just a reminder that if anyone can make this concert in London a week on Saturday it would be nice to meet up and enjoy this tremendous music together!

Hope to hear from you,

Bernard

PS: get booking as I expect this to sellout fast!!
        Unfortunately I will be out of London on the 31st, otherwise I could have made it.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bernardc:
          [B]Hi all,

Hope to hear from you,

Bernard

How did the 'Mostly Mozart' concert go Bernard, was there also a performance of Beethoven's 9th? How did you rate the orchestra and conductor?

------------------
          ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~
          ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Working...
          X