What are YOU listening to now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the LVB ONLY internet web station found at EVERYBODYSMUSIC.COM

The station uses the Chaincast technology and therefore requires a download of their activex module which runs windows media player as proxy.

The reason for mentioning this web site is that it is devoted exclusively to the works of LVB on a 24/7 basis, and it sounds really good.

Of course, played end to end, there are only about 80 hours of LVB music in total. But because you don't listen to the web broadcast on a 24/7 basis, it's always a very pleasant surprise to tune into this particular web radio.

------------------
    A Calm Sea and A Prosperous Voyage
    A Calm Sea and A Prosperous Voyage

Comment

Originally posted by lvbfanatic:
      It's the LVB ONLY internet web station found at EVERYBODYSMUSIC.COM

The station uses the Chaincast technology and therefore requires a download of their activex module which runs windows media player as proxy.

The reason for mentioning this web site is that it is devoted exclusively to the works of LVB on a 24/7 basis, and it sounds really good.

Of course, played end to end, there are only about 80 hours of LVB music in total. But because you don't listen to the web broadcast on a 24/7 basis, it's always a very pleasant surprise to tune into this particular web radio.
      That is awfully presumptious of you: I have listened to the complete 80 hours of Beethoven "end-to-end" chronologically many times, as recently as 2 weeks ago.

------------------
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Amalie,
        Excellent choice! Not to mention the Trio Concerto, I wish B had written a cello concerto. His writing for the cello is so good.

Ruud,
        Well, all things come to he who waits, I guess. It is just frustrating that one cannot simply go out and look over the selection and make a purchase as one would with any other similar item. Oh well, the 4 Hand sonatas of Mozart are most excellent, you have directed my listening for later this morning. Thanks!

And for now, to start the day, the incomparable "Scheherazade" by Nikolai Rimski-Korsakov. His use of tone color to paint a vivid picture of the action is compelling. The ethereal solo violin is like a bright orange thread woven through the tapestry of the first movement, and little vignettes like the oboe and harp duet of the second movement make this a truly unique work.

------------------
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Guess I am the only one listening to music today! That's OK, I have the Variations for Piano in Eb Op 35 - "Eroica Variations". Gotta admit, B got more use out of that little theme than one would have ever expected!

------------------
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I'm listening to Beethoven Piano Sonatas ,played by Wilhelm Kempff.
            He says(in 1920) of the wonders that could be done by the gramophone"...this medium enables us to reach people who would otherwise have scarcely any opportunities to listen to music."
            "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

W. A. Mozart Symphony #40 'Jupiter' ...a lot of music , but very less of (online) time...

Comment

Over and over again -

The Fugue from Bach Concerto for 2 Harpsischords BVW 1061 (on piano) / Eschenbach. Today, I'd argue that it is probably one of the most amazing pieces around! Lovely!

Cody

Comment

I am listening to Beethoven's Symphony No. 2 in D major Op.36 arranged by Beethoven for piano trio. An absolutely wonderful transcription.
                  The performers are:
                  Robert Levin - Piano forte
                  Peter Hanson - Violin
                  David Watkin - Cello

Comment

Space,
                    That Kempff quote sort of aligns nicely with your earlier venture with the "5 Big Bangs..." eh? I think that was one of them! Also, IMHO he is an excellent Beethoven interpreter. Enjoyez!

Pastorali,
                    Yes, we miss you, but at least Wolferl hasn't left you bereft of good tunes. "The one that ends with a fugue"! I like that name even better . Excellent!

PierrotL,
                    Bach surely had a way with fugues. It would be hard to argue against you, so I won't. Hard to believe that the fugue, which was the lifeblood of the Baroque style, eventually was what drove people away from Baroque music! The biggest thing stylistically about the Galant was it's rejection of the "complications" of the fugue! Thankfully, the greatest composers of the Classical Era had the good sense and taste to revive it!

For me, it is now the Fantasia in g minor for Piano - Op 77 - L. v. Beethoven. - Jeno Jando -

------------------
                    Regards,
                    Gurn
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Regards,
                    Gurn
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Lunch time at work today, We enjoyed a rare treat in the restaurant as we were seranaded by Two Violinsts called,The Primo Violin Duo, they played Haydn's 3 Duets for Violin, Op.99. Needless to say, I had a most enjoyable extended lunch break!
                      The Duo were raising funds in aid of Cancer Research.

------------------
                      ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~
                      ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
                        Amalie,
                        Excellent choice! Not to mention the Trio Concerto, I wish B had written a cello concerto. His writing for the cello is so good.

Ruud,
                        Well, all things come to he who waits, I guess. It is just frustrating that one cannot simply go out and look over the selection and make a purchase as one would with any other similar item. Oh well, the 4 Hand sonatas of Mozart are most excellent, you have directed my listening for later this morning. Thanks!

And for now, to start the day, the incomparable "Scheherazade" by Nikolai Rimski-Korsakov. His use of tone color to paint a vivid picture of the action is compelling. The ethereal solo violin is like a bright orange thread woven through the tapestry of the first movement, and little vignettes like the oboe and harp duet of the second movement make this a truly unique work.

Gurn,
                        Your absolutely welcome,
                        I've also had a chopin feeling this day and amused myself with his second Scherzo op.31, his ballad op.23 and his barcarolle op.60,
                        Also ofcourse some Beethoven..His kreutzersonata presented by chris, his moonlightsonata and his last sonata..How wonderful a day can be

Pastorali,
                        mozarts Last symphony is a collosal indeed, I myself find it that the first movement is perpuated *if that's the right term for draped with* with a feeling of joy.

Comment

LVB Archduke Trio with Barenboim, Du Pre and Zuckerman - now that must have been some jam session!
                          Beethoven the Man!

Comment

Amalie,
                            Good stuff. You have once again managed to be in the right place at the right time. I hope you gave 2 pounds to charity for the treat!

Ruud,
                            Well that was a good da then. I also listened to Chris' kreutzersonate, and liked it a lot. I have some other disk of Suk which I find good playing too. And to end up with Op 111, perfect.

JA,
                            I have a video of those 3 along with Perlman and Mehta playing "The Trout". I think they all went to school together perhaps, anyway they were having so much fun doing this that I was prepared to enjoy the performance even if it hadn't been excellent. So music should be performed.

And for me, final of the work day, the Trio in c minor for Violin, Viola & Cello - Op 9 #3 - Louis Beethoven. L'Archibudelli. Perfect end to a good day.

------------------
                            Regards,
                            Gurn
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Regards,
                            Gurn
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
                              [B]Amalie,
                              Good stuff. You have once again managed to be in the right place at the right time. I hope you gave 2 pounds to charity for the treat!

Yes, I did indeed dear Gurn.

I meant to tell you about this interesting silent film on Beethoven, made around 1928. Information about this short movie is currently being updated by Mark Zimmer and Co. over on this site http://www.graphixnow.com/movie_tnt.html

You can get a 3 minute clip. I have'nt had time to try it out yet properly. Till tomorrow then.
                              I am nodding off now, will close the day with Beethoven's Mass in C major.

Lights out!

------------------
                              ~ Unsterbliche Gelieb ~

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 07-14-2004).]
                              ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

A.
                                Not to be flip, but isn't a silent film about B some sort of a great leveler? I shall get the clip tomorrow from my broadband connection. Thanks for the pointer.

For me this lovely evening, some Joseph Haydn, the Quartet in Eb for Strings - #28 - Op 20 #1 - Kodaly Quartet. Haydn never fails to put me in the best of humor, and isn't that what music is for? Of course, I am normally so dour...

------------------
                                Regards,
                                Gurn
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[This message has been edited by Gurn Blanston (edited 07-15-2004).]
                                Regards,
                                Gurn
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X