• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved them all, don't have a favorite. *thumbs up*

Comment

Originally posted by ~Immortal Beloved~:
      I loved them all, don't have a favorite. *thumbs up*
      Are there any other Overtures besides Leonore with multiple versions?
      PLP

Comment

What else but "King Stephen". All kidding aside, I like the Leonora No.2 along with The Consercration of the House very much.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfixit:
          I change my mind on this subject all the time, but at the moment its the Ruins of Athens. So short yet so brillant. It seems Beethovens uniqueness shines in all his music. Sadly i now think i have listened to all of Beethovens major orchestral works. There is very little let for me to discover now i imagine.
          Last time I entered the mega music store
          just the classic' section was the size of a small library and as the case again like the
          library -I had the sad realisation that I would never hear all the Classic,baroque.etc etc nor would I ever live to read all the classics.
          Yet every public place I go I hear the same
          100 = or - rock etc tunes. I would hope to God, like to think that the people who at least work there would have the courage to either listen to something else ie change the channel or turn it off
          Wm Jesset

Comment

Id like to be able to go to the sheet music shop and find music I've only read about.Every book of Schubert's songs I have found contains the same 25 pieces,give or take one or two.He wrote over 500 songs ,were only 25 of them suitable for publication?

"Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by mrfixit:
              There is very little let for me to discover now i imagine.
              Oh yes? I suggest you join my Handel site! (see my profile for the url).

------------------
              "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
              http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
              X