• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Authentic page mp3s - Gellert songs Op.48

Now available to members at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/authentic.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Danke Rod for this lovely piece. If I didn't already know that this was from Beethoven I would have thought I was listening to a touching song from Schubert.

The Six Songs, Op. 48, on poems by Christian F. Gellert are dedicated to Count Browne, and were very likely occasioned, believes Kinsky-Halm, by the death of Countess Browne on May 13th.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea:
      Danke Rod for this lovely piece. If I didn't already know that this was from Beethoven I would have thought I was listening to a touching song from Schubert.

The Six Songs, Op. 48, on poems by Christian F. Gellert are dedicated to Count Browne, and were very likely occasioned, believes Kinsky-Halm, by the death of Countess Browne on May 13th.
      These six songs make a really excellent 'cycle'. Though they are not described as such it seems to me Beethoven must have considered a performance in this manner when arranging the order of the pieces. Busslied is the most self-contained of the set, really two songs in one, and offers a rousing conclusion to the cycle.

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
      X