What are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.
    AH yes, same version I have then, very nicely played. These guys must have sat around the living room with the Schubert family to learn these so well
    I start the morning with the incidental music to "The Creatures of Prometheus" which I am trying to listen to well enough that I can recognize them when I hear them. For me, this takes many listenings because I cannot remember very well any more So it goes.

------------------
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
      [/b]
      Gurn
      Just not that much before the computer momentary, but always as much as possible surrounded by music. A lot of Schubert for me today again, now D32, Melos Quartet too. I don't like it, I love it!

[/B][/QUOTE]

I love it too!! Good choice P!! But for me tonight it'll be Beethoven's Violin Concerto
      via Public radio.

------------------
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:

I start the morning with the incidental music to "The Creatures of Prometheus" which I am trying to listen to well enough that I can recognize them when I hear them. For me, this takes many listenings because I cannot remember very well any more So it goes.

[/B]
        I haven't heard The Creatures of P for awhile so I think I shall dig out my Overtures later today after work too!

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
          I haven't heard The Creatures of P for awhile so I think I shall dig out my Overtures later today after work too!

Joy,
          Well, you won't be disapointed, good stuff.
          For me, it is now the Slavonic Dances by Dvorak, Op 72 - Cleveland SO/Szell. This is very nice music, no doubt.

------------------
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Mahlers 2nd Symphony: Yoel Levi and the Atlanta Symphony.

A very good performance.

------------------
            v russo
            v russo

Comment

I finally had a chance to watch the Great Performance program on PBS which featured Michael Tilson Thomas and the San Francisco Symphony performing Tchaikovsky's 4th Symphony. Very informative and interesting. Just like being in school again. Learned a lot about how a symphony production is put together, what the musicians have to go through, and of course, about Tchaikovsky and his 4th!
              Gurn, was this broadcast where you live?? If so, I hope you didn't miss it. Even if you don't care for the music selection the program was very educational. Can't wait to see the next one!
              Other than that it's been a very Mozart kind of day with his Pupille amate" (from "Lucio Silla")conducted by Sir Colin Davis with the London Symphony Orchestra and Soloist Kiri Te Kanawa, soprano. Also his Piano Concerto #21 and the Magic Flute Overture K 620. But can Beethoven ever be far behind? No, his Symphony #1 was also played today!

"Finis coronat opus "

Comment

I'm a bit bipolar today, going from Haydn's Te Deum (with John Doe conducting and the chorus and orchestras of John Does and friends - mp3) to the brilliant Fischer-Dieskau singing Erlkönig. And back, and again. I think I've made it last about an hour of them .

------------------
                "Aaaaagnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi... PAM, PAM PA RAM PAM PAM..." (Missa Solemnis)
                "Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope." - by me .

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."

Comment

I finally had a chance to watch the Great Performance program on PBS which featured Michael Tilson Thomas and the San Francisco Symphony performing Tchaikovsky's 4th Symphony. Very informative and interesting. Just like being in school again. Learned a lot about how a symphony production is put together, what the musicians have to go through, and of course, about Tchaikovsky and his 4th!
                  Gurn, was this broadcast where you live?? If so, I hope you didn't miss it. Even if you don't care for the music selection the program was very educational. Can't wait to see the next one!
                  Other than that it's been a very Mozart kind of day with his Pupille amate" (from "Lucio Silla")conducted by Sir Colin Davis with the London Symphony Orchestra and Soloist Kiri Te Kanawa, soprano. Also his Piano Concerto #21 and the Magic Flute Overture K 620. But can Beethoven ever be far behind? No, his Symphony #1 was also played today!

Joy,I'm lucky enough to get two PBS stations,one from nearby Seattle and one from Detroit,I try to catch all the classical
                  programs ,sometimes they are broadcast at odd hours ,they have had some fabulous concerts.
                  I'm lucky to get Bravo as well ,they offer fantastic Canadian artists playing all sorts of classical music with plenty of Beethoven.
                  Muriel
                  "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Space(d),
                    Ah, there you go again, just rubbing it in. I get old reruns of the Billy Graham Crusade, bet YOU don't But seriously, you are fortunate in that respect. Oh well
                    Joy, Well, it wasn't on my station, but they frequently move times around. I reada a few reviews of it elsewhere and it is universally acclaimed, what are the odds of that on CM websites?!?! I will keep watching for it, and I saw today that Arkiv has the DVD already for just $16, so maybe I'll go that route. Of course, that means a player and sound system, cabinet..... sigh!

But right now however, it is the Symphony in C major - #34 - K 338 - W. Amade Mozart. Very nice choice for a summer's eve.

------------------
                    Regards,
                    Gurn
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Regards,
                    Gurn
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Today is my lucky day..
                      At our school they were handing out lp's and I managed to get 4 of them.
                      they are: Rubinstein playing chopin, Wilhelm kempf,backhaus,gulda,katchen,katin and others playing chopin aswell *a double lp* west-side story and karajan conducting Hector Berlioz's symphony fantasique...can't wait to hear them..

Comment

Originally posted by ruudp:

Today is my lucky day..
                        At our school they were handing out lp's and I managed to get 4 of them.
                        they are: Rubinstein playing chopin, Wilhelm kempf,backhaus,gulda,katchen,katin and others playing chopin aswell *a double lp* west-side story and karajan conducting Hector Berlioz's symphony fantasique...can't wait to hear them..
                        Ruud,
                        That sounds splendid, let us know how they are. If someone gave me an LP. I would be lost what to do with it!
                        For me, start the morning with the remarkable progressive Sonata in F major - #1 - Op 5 #1 - L v B. One wonders where he got the idea for cello & piano sonatas, there is no known precedent for them. ???

------------------
                        Regards,
                        Gurn
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Regards,
                        Gurn
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Kreutzer played by Kreisler 1936.
                          "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
                            Kreutzer played by Kreisler 1936.
                            Doesn't that sound all scratchy, and the disk have to turn faster and all that stuff?
                            For me, the Trio in g minor for Piano & Strings - #1 - Sergei Rachmaninov - Heavy tunes!

------------------
                            Regards,
                            Gurn
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Regards,
                            Gurn
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

The Mozarteum Quartett Salzburg is entertaining me with two Quartets of the curly Mozart: KV387 & KV421. 'A Musical Stroke'

Comment

Right now I'm watching and listen Tzigane from Ravel with Maxim Vengerov, Claudio Abaddo and Berlin Philarmonic... is just awesome!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X