What are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.
    Well, you do not need much of a reason beyond that!

For me, it is the Symphony in C major - #28 - K 189k - W. Amade Mozart. I don't know, I just like him!

Well, my friends, I will be away on vacation for the next 10 days, and I shall miss you all. I will be back on the mornignof Sunday, the 12th, just in time to listen to the Ode to Joy. Florida, watch out, here comes the Gurnster!

------------------
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Gurn,
      Hope you get better weather for golf in Florida than you have had in Texas so far this summer.

I'm listening to Canadiana Suite by Oskar Peterson.Happy 137th Birthday Canada.
      Muriel
      "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
        Joy,
        A good day indeed! I agree about Cage, I think his best work was 4'33" !
        Right now though, it is Amade again, this time the Serenade in D major - #7 - K 250 "Haffner". Must have been nice to have friends that one could turn tp when one needed a tune or two for an affair, eh?

I agree about John Cage's best work being his 4'33". He never 'sounded' better!
        Have a great trip to Florida. We'll miss you too and will hold the fort down until your return! Hope the weather will be fine for you there. It's rather hot and muggy in the southeast now. I'm sure you'll find some very nice golf courses there as well. Enjoy!

------------------
        'Truth and beauty joined'

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited 07-02-2004).]

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:

I'm listening to Canadiana Suite by Oskar Peterson.Happy 137th Birthday Canada.
          Muriel
          Happy Birthday to your Canada, Muriel! And an early 228th Happy Birthday to America this weekend!
          Listening today to Beethoven's 2 Contradances ithAnne-Sophie Mutter, violin
          also Lambert Orkis, piano. Later Mozart's Symphony #21 and Piano Sonata #18.

------------------

Comment

Antonio Vivaldi: Concerto for 2 Violoncellos, Strings and Basso continuo in G minor, RV 531.
            Very beautiful. May be, Amalie would say, this is a Gem.

Comment

Special here in my tiny corner of the world. A long sought after CD on RCA Victor Jascha Heifetz and Brooks Smith exploring the infinite beauty of Schubert Fantasie D.934

------------------
              Love from London
              Love from London

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
                Antonio Vivaldi: Concerto for 2 Violoncellos, Strings and Basso continuo in G minor, RV 531.
                Very beautiful. May be, Amalie would say, this is a Gem.

P.
                I do like listening to Vivaldi's sacred works also, just the other day on the radio I heard; Beatus vir in C, RV597, Psalm settings.

This morning listening included a lovely piece by MOZART, Adagio in B minor,K540?

MOZART, Quartet , K387/Orford String Quartet.

BEETHOVEN Sonata in A-flat, Op 110
                by. Piotr, Anderszewski. (love this sonata)

BEETHOVEN Piano sonata no 16, Op.31
                played by, Richard Goode

LOCATELLI: Concerto Grosso Op.7/6
                'Il pianto d'Arianna'.

------------------
                ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 07-03-2004).]
                ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

So while the cats away I'll listen to Schumann's Dichterliebe.
                  "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

W.A. Mozart: Bandelterzett, KV 441

Comment

First two symphonies of Beethoven conducted by Toscanini. Nice crisp interpretation!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony John Hearne:
                        Special here in my tiny corner of the world. A long sought after CD on RCA Victor Jascha Heifetz and Brooks Smith exploring the infinite beauty of Schubert Fantasie D.934

Hey Tony.
                        Glad you found it at last! For me its the Elgar Cello Concerto - Du Pre/Barbirolli alternated with Norah Jones latest. What can I say I'm just an eclectic sort of gal Must talk some time - try my mobile, but not during the footer tomorrow!
                        Beethoven the Man!

Comment

John Coltrane, 'Giant Steps'.

has anyone ever heard of him, He plays this type of music called 'Jazz ' -was American and did not compose in the 1700's?

...well?

------------------
                          v russo
                          v russo

Comment

Originally posted by v russo:
                            John Coltrane, 'Giant Steps'.

has anyone ever heard of him, He plays this type of music called 'Jazz ' -was American and did not compose in the 1700's?

...well?

John Coltrane ? Giant Steps ,a brilliant composition.Didn't poor John destroy himself with drugs?His last music is so "out there".
                            Muriel

"Finis coronat opus "

Comment

I'm listening to Jaqueline DuPre's recording of the Brahms cello sonatas accompanied by her husband, Daniel Barenboim. It also has Max Bruch's Kol Nedrei with the Israeli Orchestra. It's very good.

Comment

Happy Independence Day to all us rebels in the Colonies.
                                This morning I am enjoying Mozart's Devertimenti K.131 and K.287. To quote V Russo "form, form, form, logic, logic, logic and tangibility", and loving every moment of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X