Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cello sonatas

Help
    I'm doing a concert and I need information on Beethoven cello sonata op. 69 any suggestions?!
    Thanx

First off, I love Op.69 (my favourite amongst the 'cello sonatas) and good luck with your concert!

Dating mainly from 1807 but completed early in 1808 Op.69 was published in 1809 with a dedication to Baron Von Gleichenstein, a close friend and gifted 'cellist. It is therefore contemperaneous with the 5th symphony. The first movement's 2 themes (both lyrical) are begun by the'cello and completed by the piano and then repeated with the roles reversed. The 2nd movement is a brisk scherzo notable for its rhythmic syncopation and has a trio that anticipates that of the 7th symphony. A brief slow movement serves as a prelude to the brilliant compact sonata form finale with a main theme reminiscent of the 1st movement of Op.59/1.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited 07-08-2004).]
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      First off, I love Op.69 (my favourite amongst the 'cello sonatas) and good luck with your concert!

Dating mainly from 1807 but completed early in 1808 Op.69 was published in 1809 with a dedication to Baron Von Gleichenstein, a close friend and gifted 'cellist. It is therefore contemperaneous with the 5th symphony. The first movement's 2 themes (both lyrical) are begun by the'cello and completed by the piano and then repeated with the roles reversed. The 2nd movement is a brisk scherzo notable for its rhythmic syncopation and has a trio that anticipates that of the 7th symphony. A brief slow movement serves as a prelude to the brilliant compact sonata form finale with a main theme reminiscent of the 1st movement of Op.59/1.

Peter, as always, an erudite, encouraging and enjoyable to read response Hope all is good for you in West Sussex

------------------
      Love from London
      Love from London

Comment

Working...
      X