Marie Bigot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marie Bigot

You probably all know who Marie Bigot de Morogues is. She was a pianist at Rasamovsky's where her husband was the prince's secretary. She played the piano very well and Beethoven was fond of her (she is the one who played one of Beethoven's sonata at first sight -with B's original score - even as the score was difficult to read).

She composed an Andante, a Sonata, a Rondo and some excercises for studying music. Does anyonoe know of an extant recording of these??

------------------
    ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 06-28-2004).]
    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Marie Bigot. "Etude in c minor, Allegro"/ "Etude in a minor, Allegretto" with music by Maria Hester Park and Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel. CENTAUR CRC 2320.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
      Marie Bigot. "Etude in c minor, Allegro"/ "Etude in a minor, Allegretto" with music by Maria Hester Park and Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel. CENTAUR CRC 2320.

Peter,
      Thankyou so much for this fascinating information. My enqiury was on behalf of a friend, she will be delighted!
      I wonder whether you have this CD yourself?

Much appreciated.

------------------
      ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 06-29-2004).]
      ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie:

Peter,
        Thankyou so much for this fascinating information. My enqiury was on behalf of a friend, she will be delighted!
        I wonder whether you have this CD yourself?

Much appreciated.

No, but by all accounts Marie Bigot was a fine musician who gave piano lessons to the young Mendelssohn. In dec 1808 she performed in the Kleiner Redoutensaal one of Beethoven's piano concertos and the 32 variations in C minor. In Jan 1809, she is recorded as having played 5 Beethoven sonatas at a soiree with Schuppanzigh in 'masterly fashion'. Later that year she left for Paris and died there in 1820.

------------------
        'Man know thyself'
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
        X