• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Authentic page mp3s - Adelaide Op.46

Now available to members at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/authentic.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Really lovely. It reminds me a lot of one of schuberts songs. I supose any classical german sing singing will. I think german is perhaps one of the most lovely languages sung.
    I watched inmortal beloved the other night and i learnt this. A time traveling beethoven was framed and set up for killing JFK.

Comment

I love the opening theme to this sweet charming, heartfelt song. So beautifully sung.

Beethoven told Matthisson -
      " I dedicated to you a work which welled
      forth so warmly from my heart"

------------------
      ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 06-23-2004).]
      ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Very good recording. Thanks for sharing this, Rod.

Comment

Very good recording indeed! I agree with Amalie very beautful! Beautiful words too and here they are,
          "Alone does your friend wander in the Spring garden, mildly encircled by magic light
          that quivers through swaying, blossoming boughs,Adelaide!
          In the mirroring stream, in the snow of the Alps, in the dying day's golden clouds,
          in the fields of stars, your image shines,
          Adelaide!
          Evening breezes whisper in the tender leaves,
          silver bells of May chime in the grass,
          waves murmur and nightingales pipe: Adelaide!
          One day, o wonder! from my grave will sprout
          a flower from the ashes of my heart;
          and clearly on every purple leaf will gleam:
          Adelaide!"

------------------
          'Truth and beauty joined'
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

A lovely piece and danke, Rod. I also thought of Schubert's "divine spark" with songs while listening to this.

Although Beethoven dedicated this work to the poet Matthisson without obtaining his approval, he eventually sent him a copy three years later, writing in an apologetic manner:"My most ardent desire will be fulfilled if my musical setting of your heavenly Adelaide does not entirely displease you and if it inspires you soon to write another similar poem."

Comment

When I downloaded this I noted that there was another file of the same name. Was this submitted last year? Otherwise it is another recording (mp3) of the same opus number.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano:
                When I downloaded this I noted that there was another file of the same name. Was this submitted last year? Otherwise it is another recording (mp3) of the same opus number.
                Another recording. We had Adelaide at the Authentic mp3 page already before I decided to post them in Opus sequence order. This current version is different to the one I posted then and is quite novel being sung by a woman, not that I am a great fan of von Otter.
                http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
                X