• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Authentic page mp3s - March for piano duet Op.45/2

Now available to members at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/authentic.html

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Enjoyed this very much. The piano playing was excellent IMO. I read where Beethoven was actually "making fun of military music" when composing these. Also enjoyed the history behind it. Funny story. I have heard the story regarding the horse and Beethoven couldn't take care of it so had to part with it. I believe he also owned a dog at one time (for like one day!) but couldn't take care of that either. He couldn't take care of himself hardly let alone a few animals! He didn't compose much music for four hands, did he? So these were a treat! Thanks for these. Very amusing!

------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited 06-10-2004).]
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Gosh, the affects of the footpedals are amazing! A most vigorous and energetic piece. As usual with Ludwig, he quite takes my breath away!

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 06-10-2004).]
      ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie:
        Gosh, the affects of the footpedals are amazing! A most vigorous and energetic piece. As usual with Ludwig, he quite takes my breath away!

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 06-10-2004).]
        I've got a conventional recording of all of these marches and there is no comparison between any of them and this track of No2, you are listening to completely different music! I don't think Beethoven's 4 hand music is easily transferable to the modern instrument. The buzzing pedal on this fortepiano sounds out of this world!

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 06-10-2004).]
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
          I've got a conventional recording of all of these marches and there is no comparison between any of them and this track of No2, you are listening to completely different music! I don't think Beethoven's 4 hand music is easily transferable to the modern instrument. The buzzing pedal on this fortepiano sounds out of this world!

Yes Rod,
          The sound is interesting, I am going to listen to it again. What boisterous fun, I love the energy of it. The buzzing of the pedal sounds a bit like a synthesizer?

Clever Ludwig!

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 06-11-2004).]
          ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

I loved this work, but then again I love marches.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
              Now available to members at www.kingsbarn.freeserve.co.uk/authentic.html

rod,
              I Love this performance..but I do've got a question.HOW are the percussion effects created and how come the piano has so much different timbres in about the 3th minute *I heuss It's the trio* the lower voices buzzes like crazy and the primo sounds different aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by ruudp:
                rod,
                I Love this performance..but I do've got a question.HOW are the percussion effects created and how come the piano has so much different timbres in about the 3th minute *I heuss It's the trio* the lower voices buzzes like crazy and the primo sounds different aswell.
                The effects are all opperated by pedals that are positioned alongside the normal ones we are used to - some pianos could have 6 or 7 pedals. the operation is simple, the drum for example is literally a drum hidden away somewhere in the casing, and the same for bells or triangles or whatever. The 'buzzer' I assume must be placed somewhere over by the strings and operates by being inserted between them and the hammers.

------------------
                "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
                http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
                X