Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quotes

"Music, verily, is the mediator between intellectual and sensuous life... the one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend." 1810.

------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Originally posted by Joy:
    "Music, verily, is the mediator between intellectual and sensuous life... the one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend." 1810.

How true.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.

-Frank Zappa

Comment

"This is too much for what I've done and too little for what I COULD have done".

German: ZU viel für was ich leiste,,ZU wenig für was ich leiste KÖNNTE".

Mozart upon receiving money for the german dances he wrote in the beginning of the season...

Comment

"I have never thought of writing for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out; that is the reason why I compose." LvB

------------------

Comment

"King's and princes there shall be forever, there is however only ONE beethoven...You became prince trough lineage and luck..I became beethoven trough HARD work and experience."

Beethoven twice at fürst lichnowsky

Comment

"I wish you music to help with the burdens of life, and to help you release your happiness to others." LvB

------------------

Comment

"Freedom above all" -lvb

Comment

"Never forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours." LvB

------------------

Comment

Four legged friends.

During the spring of 1810 Beethoven proudly informed Baron Ignaz von Gleichenstein that he had won over the affection of Frau Malfatti's dog, 'Gigons', who not only lay at his feet during dinner but also accompanied him home on occasions.
                    In September 1811, Ludwig was also befriended by a dog at Teplitz.

------------------
                    ~ Unsterbliche Geliebte ~
                    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Working...
                    X