Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruudp:
    Rod,
    Did you know that there are also several recordings of mozart music on authentic instrmuents..I've bought them recently and they are of a exquisite playing.It includes ALL of mozart music a 4e mains, some of his trio's and quartets and is great to listen too.also his variations andsmall piano pieces such as andats gigues and german dances are played on authentic piano's...they are either from schanz or walter.
    I've bought them at a shop called the kruidvat..it's in dutch but still yields great performances for not too much money.
    the performers included are eter van oort and Ursula Dütschler*I don't know wether these names are familiar with you*
    would you be interested in the link I'd be glad too proivide it for you..

Regards,
    ruud.

P.s these recordings are again as I've grown accustomed too SPLENDID..thumbs up.
    I have fortepiano recordings of most of the composers contemporary with beethoven, from Mozart to Schubert and those inbetween. I would say in every case the result is an improvement on a typical modern recording, but I would say it is with Beethoven that the transformaton is the greatest and as such is unmatched by any other composer's keyboard music.

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
      Rudd
      I think you will find that Rod neither knows or cares about recordings of Mozart on authentic or any other kind of instruments,now if you were talking about Handel or Beethoven I'm sure he would be all ears.
      I am very fond of a recording by Schiff and Shiokawa of Mozart's Sonatas played on his own violin and piano in the room in which he was born.
      Muriel
      I refer the lady to my previous statement.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
        Ruud,
        I won't speak for Rod, but I am under the impression that he doesn't care for Mozart, although he is too shy to come right out and say so. I, however, am passionately fond of Mozart, especially on period instruments. So, if you would post that link, perhpas it would be most useful to me.

gurn,
        Do you by any change happen to have messenger?
        It's a chatting program which is also vrey suitable to send eachother files like music.
        I could if you'd like rip the cd's on my computer and send them to you via this programme.
        This way you could *using burnsoftware* make your own compilation and thus wouldn't have to buy these cd's.
        I my self
        *being the young boisterous lad I am* have got ofcourse this programme..
        Just let me hear wat you hold of this idea I can send you this link anyway should you not feel anything for this.
        regards,
        ruud

Comment

Ruud,
          Not that I am not boisterous, although far from young (!), but I don't have broadband ISP, so I can't use some of these nice things as you say. Perhaps though you could talk to my good friend Pastorali on email and he can tell you some things about me. If you want to do it anyway after that we will figure something out.

------------------
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
            Appologies for the big file (9mb), but you're getting the whole work at least. This is an excellent rendition and the CD as a whole is a definite recommendation.

Rod's right! This is an excellent rendition of Beethoven's imaginative and brilliantly embroidered variations for piano by the Castle Trio. Thanks for the recommendation.

Though the download took about 3/4 of an hour.
            ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie:

Though the download took about 3/4 of an hour.
              Everything comes to she who waits!

------------------

Comment

My download took about 20 seconds. ^_^ Heh bet your all jealous.
                I watched inmortal beloved the other night and i learnt this. A time traveling beethoven was framed and set up for killing JFK.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfixit:
                  My download took about 20 seconds. ^_^ Heh bet your all jealous.
                  lool... why NOO actually I've got broadband aswell...took me a HELL of a lot complaining to my parent before i got it though

Comment

Working...
                  X