Moments in music that you consider 'Genius'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter:
    Yes hopefully it will grow into something big with huge conventions. They could do with better publicity though - if it hadn't been for Amalie's post I'd never have known.

Peter,
    I was going to ask if you might think it would be a good idea to include the Beethoven meetups on the links page by way of promoting it and I have noted that you already have done so. Thankyou
    Let's hope that it flourishes and leads to a wider dissemination and appreciation.
    A really big Beethoven convention would be a great idea finishing up with an evening performance of the 9th symphony and a display of fireworks!

Bearing in mind the number of people that visit this site lets hope that is an idea that catches.

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 06-02-2004).]
    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie:
      Peter,
      I was going to ask if you might think it would be a good idea to include the Beethoven meetups on the links page by way of promoting it and I have noted that you already have done so. Thankyou
      Let's hope that it flourishes and leads to a wider dissemination and appreciation.
      A really big Beethoven convention would be a great idea finishing up with an evening performance of the 9th symphony and a display of fireworks!

Bearing in mind the number of people that visit this site lets hope that is an idea that catches.

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 06-02-2004).]
      Yes it's on the link page, but what a paltry membership so far, something has to be done to allow this great idea to flourish. I had considered a link from the main page, but don't want to direct people away from here too soon!

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
        Yes it's on the link page, but what a paltry membership so far, something has to be done to allow this great idea to flourish. I had considered a link from the main page, but don't want to direct people away from here too soon!

The seeds have been sown, we are people of faith!

~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

oh no, I just checked and I misread it. Apparently there are only 4 members worldwide, and I am the only one in this area. One of the above posters was correct.

Haha that fantasizing is funny. Its a long way to a performance of the 9th and fireworks!
          Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
          That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
          And then is heard no more. It is a tale
          Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
          Signifying nothing. -- Act V, Scene V, Macbeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Beyond Within:
            oh no, I just checked and I misread it. Apparently there are only 4 members worldwide, and I am the only one in this area. One of the above posters was correct.

Haha that fantasizing is funny. Its a long way to a performance of the 9th and fireworks!
            When I checked the site, there were 3 members. Four members now, this is an increasing of more than 30%. I guess, once it wasn't otherwise on this board here. It always starts small and needs patience to grow.

Comment

So what's your nickname on the Meetup site then, Beyondwithin?

Comment

Working...
              X