Authentic page mp3s - Creatures of Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rod:
    This is all well and good, but I didn't go to the effort of providing this music so that we could discuss Haydn!

Well threads will meander! Anyway the music to this is delightful, though I'm surprised you didn't select the lovely no.5 for Beethoven's rare use of harp, or no.14 with the equally rare basset-horn. It is sad that this music is so little known, despite its initial popularity with 22 performances in the first few years.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

After hearing these two pieces from "the Creatures of Prometheus" I wanted to see if I could find the complete ballet music from Naxos. Any CDs from Naxos are in my price range since I can no longer afford to get my usual Deutsche Grammophon CDs. I was able to find this ballet from Naxos for $5 and I really enjoy this music. I'm a happy camper now!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
        Well threads will meander! Anyway the music to this is delightful, though I'm surprised you didn't select the lovely no.5 for Beethoven's rare use of harp, or no.14 with the equally rare basset-horn. It is sad that this music is so little known, despite its initial popularity with 22 performances in the first few years.

I'd like to see the ballet resurrected, it would make a nice change from the usual bland fodder this medium is subjected to. As you know I have a preference for the more dynamic pieces as these present the different qualities of the authentic instruments more so than the more mellow numbers. Op44 will be hopefully uploaded on tuesday.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Working...
        X