What are you listening to right now II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pastorali:
    Ah, it was time inddeed! I felt pretty alone here, thanks Gurn! We can't post every piece here we're listening to, every day a new W.A.Y.L.T.R.N.!?

Right now it's Johannes Brahms and his Serenda #1 in D major, Op.90, within the adagio non troppo - I feel fine...
    Pastorali,
    Oh, I would love to hear that, I have so little Brahms orchestral works, just the symphonies. And a couple of overtures. And the Concertos. But that's all, honest
    For me, I have been infected with the authentic instrument disease, if they find my body, blame it on Rod! So right now it is Mozart Fortepiano Trio #5 in C major K 548. Mozartean Players. Bueno!!

------------------
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Gurn, buy more Naxos! No. 8.550280 Symphony #3 & Serenade #1 kindest regards

Comment

Pastorali,
        I am already one of their biggest customers, pretty soon I shall own them

But right now, we go the other direction. The Concerto in D major for 4 Violins & String Orchestra - Op 3 #1 - Antonio Vivaldi - Hmmm... a Quadruple Concerto! What a concept! What say we call it that? It will be a national cult!
        What, me sarcastic? Nah!

------------------
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

What nice mediterranean way! my one is Op.106, Great Piano Sonata #29 "für das Hammerklavier" Emil Gilels...and sleepy with some Bagatelles, Rondos etc. by L.v.B..no more wishes.... zzz zzz....

Comment

Ah, very nice! For me is the g minor String Quintet K 516, then the C major String Quintet Op 29 by Mozart and Beethoven. I don't think Haydn wrote any, darn the bad luck!

------------------
            Regards,
            Gurn
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Regards,
            Gurn
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

So, now I am getting like Pastorali
              Anyway, it is the Mozart Trio in Eb for Piano, Viola & Clarinet, K 498 "Keggelstat Trio". Virtually unique, I should imagine. He used a viola instead of a cello so he could play along himself. Must have been nice to be able to do that, no?

------------------
              Regards,
              Gurn
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Regards,
              Gurn
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
                What nice mediterranean way! my one is Op.106, Great Piano Sonata #29 "für das Hammerklavier" Emil Gilels...and sleepy with some Bagatelles, Rondos etc. by L.v.B..no more wishes.... zzz zzz....

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Listening to digitally remastered 1967 recording of the 'Eroica' by the BBC symphony Orchestra, conducted by the renowned Barbirolli.
                My view on Barbirolli with the 'Eroica' is rather underpowered and lacks tension. But then you don't have to take my word as 'ex cathedra'.

Pastorali,
                I shall post your Beethoven CD on friday, my day off.
                I have been meaning to ask whether anyone knows why Beethoven's sonata no. 18 for piano in Eb major, Op.31. no. 3, is also know as 'The Hunt' ?

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 04-27-2004).]
                ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
                  So, now I am getting like Pastorali
                  Anyway, it is the Mozart Trio in Eb for Piano, Viola & Clarinet, K 498 "Keggelstat Trio". Virtually unique, I should imagine. He used a viola instead of a cello so he could play along himself. Must have been nice to be able to do that, no?

Gurn
                  Here I am to help you out of this terrible mess! Today, it was a Haydn day and also now: Symphony #92 before and now #103. Soon is midnight, till then I have to find back to B.

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie:

Pastorali,
                    I shall post your Beethoven CD on friday, my day off.
                    I have been meaning to ask whether anyone knows why Beethoven's sonata no. 18 for piano in Eb major, Op.31. no. 3, is also know as 'The Hunt' ?

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 04-27-2004).]
                    Amalie
                    I brought it yesterday to the post office, so it's possible you have it while this week. I hope so

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited 04-27-2004).]

Comment

Pastorali & Amalie,
                      Yes, I feel less like the Lone Poster now!
                      Amalie, I looked around for an answer to your Hunt question, I have read it before but my enfeebled memory won't call it up now. I'll find it though. I know it is because some figure in there sounds like a hunting horn call, but I can;t remember which or where. So it goes.
                      For me now, the sublime Concerto in D amjor for Violin and Orchestra - Op 61 - LvB - the very nice version featuring Itzhak Perlman with the Philharmonia Orchestra / Giulini. Of course, each one I listen to is my favorite version...

------------------
                      Regards,
                      Gurn
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Regards,
                      Gurn
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie:

Talking about Beethoven's Diabelli-Variations.
                        It's 10.30 pm now and I am relaxing to Alfred Brendel, playing Beethoven's Diabelli Variations. Good ol' Alfie. PDG too, huh?

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 04-23-2004).]
                        *thumbs up* right on!

I have him on one of the tracks off of this cd called "Beethoven: The Immortal"

Track #4 Sonata No. 8 in C minor op 13 "Pathetique"

Comment

Perlman and Kremer, two of the greatest Violin players. But my things today are more orchestral, at least for violins...
                          W. A. Mozart: Piano Concertos #20 & #13
                          Joseph Haydn: Piano Concerto Ho. XVIII:11 in D,
                          Sinfonia Concertante, Hob. I:105 / Op.84
                          Just a normal Wednesday morning

Comment

Pastorali,
                            Quite a list! Surprise, but except for the #13 concerto I listened to all those things yesterday!! You should listen to that d minor concerto twice, I always make Jando play an encore so I can hear B's cadenzas again. One need only cheer a bit and push the replay button, works every time!
                            But right now, is the Concerto in C major, - #8 - K 246 - Mozart, of course. Perhaps I shall push Jando's button again on this marvelous andante!

------------------
                            Regards,
                            Gurn
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[This message has been edited by Gurn Blanston (edited 04-28-2004).]
                            Regards,
                            Gurn
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

True, like always Gurn! Those Mozart Concerts I've listened three times yesterday and today already twice it seems we have the same ideas...but they are just too good, specially the D minor!
                              For now it is radio, a report about musical fragments. Schubert's 8th, Mozart's Requiem etc. very interesting. And before: The Pastorale, hmm... Oh yes, a normal Wednesday

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited 04-28-2004).]

Comment

Well, for me is the Haffner Serenade (in D major - K 250). Hard to imagine the sorts of occasions for which these were written, but I am pleased they were. M's serenades are just splendid music-making.

------------------
                                Regards,
                                Gurn
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                Regards,
                                Gurn
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment