Beethoven at Paxton House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven at Paxton House

All of Beethoven's violin sonatas are being performed over 2 weekends in July at this 18th century palladian country house near Berwick-Upon-Tweed, UK.

Details from web site (www.paxtonhouse.com):

July 16th - 18th - Friday - Sunday and
    July 23rd - 25th - Friday - Sunday ~ Summer Music Festival 2004
    6 days of exhilarating chamber music performed by some of Britain's most distinguished musicians in the ideal setting of the Regency Picture Gallery. The 2004 festival continues to explore the great Viennese tradition in 12 evening concerts, including Beethoven's masterly violin sonatas, plus master classes and a concert by young musicians. Altogether, a sublime experience combining the finest music, art and food in idyllic surroundings.

I'm booked for the first weekend (cost £50 for 6 concerts) which includes the Spring and Kreutzer sonatas, the Harp string quartet, not to mention the Death and the Maiden quartet and a Mozart quintet!!

B&b booked too in a quiet rural setting nearby.

Anyone out there wish to join me?

Don't miss it!

Bernard

Originally posted by bernardc:
    All of Beethoven's violin sonatas are being performed over 2 weekends in July at this 18th century palladian country house near Berwick-Upon-Tweed, UK.

Details from web site (www.paxtonhouse.com):

July 16th - 18th - Friday - Sunday and
    July 23rd - 25th - Friday - Sunday ~ Summer Music Festival 2004
    6 days of exhilarating chamber music performed by some of Britain's most distinguished musicians in the ideal setting of the Regency Picture Gallery. The 2004 festival continues to explore the great Viennese tradition in 12 evening concerts, including Beethoven's masterly violin sonatas, plus master classes and a concert by young musicians. Altogether, a sublime experience combining the finest music, art and food in idyllic surroundings.

I'm booked for the first weekend (cost £50 for 6 concerts) which includes the Spring and Kreutzer sonatas, the Harp string quartet, not to mention the Death and the Maiden quartet and a Mozart quintet!!

B&b booked too in a quiet rural setting nearby.

Anyone out there wish to join me?

Don't miss it!

Bernard
    Bernard oh that I could Work and pre booked holiday commitments make it impossible But many thanks for your posting

------------------
    Love from London
    Love from London

Comment

Sounds great! This reminds me of a similiar situation I engaged in a couple of years ago. At the University they performed all the violin sonatas, you had to attend one concert a week for several weeks and the best part about it was that it was all for free!! It was a real treat. Enjoy!!

------------------
      'Truth and beauty joined'

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited 05-11-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Joy (edited 05-11-2004).]
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
      X