W. A. Mozart: Vesperae solennes de Confessore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W. A. Mozart: Vesperae solennes de Confessore

My father likes to buy a CD of Mozart's KV 339. Would be great, if someone could recommend a good recording of this Vesperae. thanks!

You do not seem to be typical Vesperae listeners In the meantime, I have seen, there is a recording by Barbara Hendriks and St. Martin in the Fields... I believe, this is not a bad choice in that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
      You do not seem to be typical Vesperae listeners In the meantime, I have seen, there is a recording by Barbara Hendriks and St. Martin in the Fields... I believe, this is not a bad choice in that matter.
      In the meantime I can recommend Handel's Carmelite Vespers by Andrew Parrott, the Taverner Choir and Players. Virgin Veritas label!

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

The one I've got is coupled with the Coronation Mass and is by Christopher Hogwood and the Academy of Ancient Music, with soprano Emma Kirkby (L'Oiseaux Lyre). Worth a listen for the inclusion of an Epistle Sonata - a brilliant miniature symphony - just 3 minutes but absolutely packed with ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
          In the meantime I can recommend Handel's Carmelite Vespers by Andrew Parrott, the Taverner Choir and Players. Virgin Veritas label!

I have borrowed this from the library,the Taverner singers and players are splendid in this excellent Handel work.I must get it again soon.
          "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
            I love the piece but am unable to recommend any specific recording.

------------------
            'Man know thyself'
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
            X