Piano Sonata Set by Alfredo Perl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piano Sonata Set by Alfredo Perl

COMPLETE PIANO SONATAS & DIABELLI VARIATIONS. Alfredo Perl, Piano. 10 CD Set on Arte Nova 2001

I'm watching this set on eBay – what's your opinion about Perl's playing???

Originally posted by Pastorali:
    COMPLETE PIANO SONATAS & DIABELLI VARIATIONS. Alfredo Perl, Piano. 10 CD Set on Arte Nova 2001

Pastorali, It's curious you should mention Alfredo Perl, though I can't really say whether I have heard him play.
    Next month in the lovely City of Georgian Bath, (about 80 miles west of London), BBC Radio 3's popular request programme is staging a 'Roadshow' at the Assembly Rooms in the centre opposite Bath Abbey.
    For anyone interested the date is, May 28th at 3.30. The event billed as - Afternoon Tea at Bath International Music Festival and includes performances by the Belcea Quartet and pianist Alfredo Perl. The artists wil be performing music voted for by Radio 3 listeners.

I wish you luck in securing the CD set that you are after.
    I have a double CD set of Beethoven's late piano sonatas, played by MAURIZIO POLLINI, Deutsche Grammmophon label, as new, and have decided I don't really need this set. So if you are interested Pastorali, you are more that welcome to have it, at least I know it is going to someone who shall really appreciate it.

Regards Amalie

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited 04-24-2004).]
    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Pastorali,
      I would love to help, but I know Perl by name only, the discussions I have read on Fora have been very complimentary, however, so my advice would be if you get a good price, go for it. How can yuo go wrong? At worst, you can sell it to someone else . I firmly believe that won't be necessary.

------------------
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hey, thank you both!
        Worth 22 Euro now, will be during next eight days, so I will look what happens...

Amalie, thanks for your offer! But you know I'm a low price hunter What would be the price? Or we could make something like an exchange of tasty music...

Comment

Hey, thank you both!
          Worth 22 Euro now, will be during next eight days, so I will look what happens...

Amalie, thanks for your offer! But you know I'm a low price hunter What would be the price? Or we could make something like an exchange of tasty music...

Dear Pastorali,
          Umsonst mit Vergnugen!
          It is freely yours, just e-mail your postal address and I will send it to you with compliments.

Amalie.
          ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie:

Dear Pastorali,
            Umsonst mit Vergnugen!
            It is freely yours, just e-mail your postal address and I will send it to you with compliments.

Amalie.
            Man! Am i too late? Maybe I could have a copy or something please?

Shane

Comment

I have the Diabelli Variations with him playing on an Arte Nova release. I like his playing and, particularly, his playing on the fuge on that monster of a piece! He has the right amount of spirit and power when he needs it.

------------------
              v russo
              v russo

Comment

v russo, thanks for info, sounds good! Still five days and the price is still the same. I have an eye on it

Comment

Yesssss, I got it!

Comment

Yesssss, I got it!
                    Let me know how you like it....

------------------
                    v russo
                    v russo

Comment

Originally posted by v russo:
                      Let me know how you like it....

...yes, I will do. Also caught today: Piano Trios Op.1 #2&3, it's a collector's day today

Comment

Pastorali,
                        Great for you!! I really hope you will enjoy them, I know the music is the greatest, this man would have to be playing with only 2 fingers to make it sound bad!
                        Let me know what you think, maybe I need to shop too, although Rod's set of Badura-Skoda is still highest on my list, anyway, I don't ever mind to have another if it is well played too.

------------------
                        Regards,
                        Gurn
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Regards,
                        Gurn
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment