What did they find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did they find

Hi guys this maybe a bit off the wall but take it for love of beethoven!
    I was recently reading a book on beethoven (of course) and i found a fact that stated when beetehoven was removed from his first grave, doctor's were given 30 minutes to examine the remains, i was wondering does anybody know what info they found: because the book did not say!

Originally posted by DW:
    I was recently reading a book on beethoven (of course) and i found a fact that stated when beetehoven was removed from his first grave, doctor's were given 30 minutes to examine the remains, i was wondering does anybody know what info they found: because the book did not say!

DW,
    You may be interested in reading a previous discussion that we have had on this subject:
    http://www.gyrix.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001218.html

~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Just finished rereading that thread, only have vague memories of it, probably because I didn't contribute to it! One thing I noticed though is that we immediately seized on this idea of hiding the results etc and turned it into a gothic tale of greed and ambition and cloning, when the likely truth of the matter is far more simple, and I would bet that I will be proven right within our lifetimes, given that we shall all make it another year or so: someone is going to write a book about it and doesn't want his results/comclusions splattered all over the Internet before he can get them in writing. One is hard put to protect intellectual property these days, but I know if I was funding a project with the hope of recouping my investment with a book, the last thing I would do is tell YOU guys about it! No offense intended, of course

------------------
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Regards,
      Gurn
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by DW:
        probably a dead person...

or Kurt Cobain possibly.....???

------------------
        v russo
        v russo

Comment

Originally posted by DW:
          I was recently reading a book on beethoven (of course) and i found a fact that stated when beetehoven was removed from his first grave, doctor's were given 30 minutes to examine the remains, i was wondering does anybody know what they found: because the book did not say!
          They found him decomposing

(sorry - but somebody had to say it!)

Melvyn.

Comment

Originally posted by melvyn:

Melvyn.
            Yes, with strains in the air of the Marche Funebre playing backwards

------------------
            Regards,
            Gurn
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Regards,
            Gurn
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by melvyn:

Melvyn.
              HA, HAAAA!!!!

------------------
              v russo
              v russo

Comment

Originally posted by DW:

Gerhard Breuning who had known Beethoven had the strange task of examining Beethoven's skull which was in his possesion for a few days after the first exhumation. He observed the thickness of the skull in comparison to the thinness of Schubert's. Beethoven's palate was found to have an exceptionally smooth surface and the upper teeth projected out almost horizontally. It was also noted that the last lower left molar had a fine gold filling - highly unusual for the time to have fillings of such quality and that Beethoven was able to endure the procedure!

------------------
                'Man know thyself'
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
                  It was also noted that the last lower left molar had a fine gold filling - highly unusual for the time to have fillings of such quality and that Beethoven was able to endure the procedure!

I wonder what was worse having a filling or getting a tooth extracted without anesthetic.
                  Neither one sounds like a walk in the park to me!

------------------
                  'Truth and beauty joined'
                  'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
                  X