Did Mozart abuse drugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ahmad:
    I do agree with your nalysis Steppenwolf..as it's unreasonable to translate every word mentioned in Mozart's letters literally..
    On the other hand I find it impossible to be a musician (which means a very sensitive and creative man)and a bizarre man doindg such stuff on the same time..it's my opinion and I may be wrong..
    People are a mass of contradictions; genius is no exception and it was only the puritanical 19th century that couldn't stomach this truth about its heroes.

Whatever the problems with literal translations there are undoubtedly many scatalogical jokes in Mozart's letters - he had a very crude sense of humour! However his letters also reveal a highly intelligent person with a keen eye for detail, great reading!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited February 04, 2004).]
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by v russo:
      Was there not a rumor that Mozart was poisoned by an angry neighbor for having an affair with his wife? I read this (years ago)in a book about Mozart and Constanze. This may explain the quick and discreet burial.

?

huh? My brother took a Mozart class three years ago. Of course he told me Mozart died of a kidney, or heart failure.

Comment

Working...
      X