No announcement yet.

What are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In honour of Papa Haydn's birthday it's his Symphony #100!

------------------
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Happy Birthday Hadyn,now playing...
      The Kaiser,Quinten,and Sonnenaufgang String Quartets.Played by The Kodaly Quartet.
      "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

The "Heiligmesse", Mass No. 10 in B flat.An outstanding example of Haydn's extension of the symphony into the realm ecclesiastical music.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
          Pastorali,
          That sounds great. If you are liking Vivaldi AND cello, let me recommend to you the Op 14 sonatas for cello and continuuo. They are outstanding.
          As for me, I am still celebrating Haydn, this morning the Trio for Piano & Strings in f# minor Hob 16:39. Written after the 2 big London trips, these very late trios have enough complicated interest for anyone to like!

Hi Gurn
          Yes I do! Thanks for info. I must take a look on much more works of Vivaldi, for me he is the real "Good mood maker"!!

Right before it was Haydn's Cello Concertos 1&2, with St. Martin in the Field & Neville Marriner, Heinrich Schiff Cello. Both are wonderful concerts, but I prefer the second one

Comment

Started the day properly with B's great 2nd Symphony for the drive to work, and now the Sonata in G for Piano - #5 - K 189h - Mozart - It is going to be a good day!

------------------
            Regards,
            Gurn
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Regards,
            Gurn
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Beethoven's "The Creatures of Prometheus" Ballet Op. 43. Good listning for this rainy morning.

Comment

Quartet in Eb for Piano & Strings - Op 87 - Robert Schumann - Known mainly for other genres, particularly solo piano, Schumann could sure write some good chamber music!

------------------
                Regards,
                Gurn
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Regards,
                Gurn
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Chamber music for me too....Wolfie's Quartet in G minor for piano and strings,K478,with Jane Coop ,piano,Andrew Dawes ,violin,Sophie Renshaw ,Viola, And Desmond Hoebig on Cello.
                  Very fine playing.
                  "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
                    Chamber music for me too....Wolfie's Quartet in G minor for piano and strings,K478,with Jane Coop ,piano,Andrew Dawes ,violin,Sophie Renshaw ,Viola, And Desmond Hoebig on Cello.
                    Very fine playing.
                    And they couldn't go wrong with THAT piece of music! Mozart and g minor were made for each other
                    While I am still listening to Schumann, this time his Trio for Piano & Strings in F - #2 - Op 80 - Beaux Arts Trio

------------------
                    Regards,
                    Gurn
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Regards,
                    Gurn
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I carry on my Quartet-Week, in the meantime I reached Op. 130

The right stuff for a starry night walk! Has anybody seen this beautiful constellation of all the planets and the moon, in the last days? Cosmic music for cosmic events!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
                        I carry on my Quartet-Week, in the meantime I reached Op. 130

The right stuff for a starry night walk! Has anybody seen this beautiful constellation of all the planets and the moon, in the last days? Cosmic music for cosmic events!
                        And I believe that cosmic lineup of planets won't be happening again for a very looong time so I'm glad you're enjoying it! As for me this whole week has been a "Beethoven Extravaganza". That's what they're calling it on the radio anyway. All week at 7:00pm it's been Beethoven. Piano Concerto #2, his Quintet, Piano Trio, quartets and various sonatas. Beethoven heaven!

------------------

Comment

Arturo Benedetti Michaelangeli Scarlatti sonata in d minor k9 Raining here in London with the window open Wunderbar!!!!!

------------------
                          Love from London
                          Love from London

Comment

The amazingly little-known Concerto in G for Piano & Orchestra - #2 - Op 44 by Tchaikovsky - Romantic excess at its very best
                            Regards,
                            Gurn
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Tony John Hearne:
                              Arturo Benedetti Michaelangeli Scarlatti sonata in d minor k9 Raining here in London with the window open Wunderbar!!!!!

Michaelangeli is a great pianist! I love his work. Viva le Italian!

------------------
                              v russo
                              v russo

Comment

Haydn, Piano Sonata No. 39 in D major, Hob.XVI:24, Jeno Jando, piano.

Last evening: Haydn, Divertimento in B Flat, Hob II/46 "St Anthony Chorale". But the announcer says this might not be by Haydn, actually. However, it contains the famous theme for Brahms' Variations on a Theme by Haydn. First time I've heard that 'in situ'. Very nice...So should it be called Brahms' Variations on a theme Possibly Not by Haydn?

Now Haydn's Sonata No. 41, Hob.XVI:26. The opening allegro has great vitality and rhythmic drive.

[This message has been edited by Chaszz (edited April 02, 2004).]
                                See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Working...
                                X