Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mozart's Violin Sonata in B flat Major,K378
    Played by Maxim Vengerov.
    This and five others in C,F,F,G andEflat,were written for his clavier student Joespha Auernhammer who, it is said, began a rumor she and Mozart were to be married...
    In a letter to his father Mozart writes...
    "She is nothing but an amorous fool.If a painter wanted to portray the devil to the life ,he would have to choose her face.She is fat as a farm-wench ,perspires so that you feel inclined to vomit,and goes about so scantily clad that really you can read as plain as print 'Pray do look here'.True, there is enough to see,in fact,quite enough
    to strike one blind; but one is thoroughly well punished for the rest of the day if one is unlucky enough to let one's eyes wander in that direction...So loathsome,dirty and horrible."

"But, she plays enchantingly"
    "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Haydn's Op. 77 Quartets (Amadeus Quartet).

...excellent, economic quartets!

------------------
      v russo
      v russo

Comment

This Easter morning:

Bach's magnificent, Credo from the Mass in B minor.
        by the Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra and choir.

'His kingdom shall have no end'!

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited April 11, 2004).]
        ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Beethoven's Opus 85 Christ on the Mount of Olives.
          "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Op.132 – Heilige Danksagung eines Genesenden and die Gottheit, in der lydischen Tonart – Neue Kraft fühlend.
            Molto adagio – Andante

Comment

Beethoven's Symphony no 3 in E-flat.
              "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Often Adagios and Andantes are my favorites. Since a while, I have the idea to make arrangements, today this Sunday I made the first one. The 'String Quartets Adagios'. Two beautiful CDs, both almost 80 minutes of lenght. The same I will do with the Symphonies and maybe a Piano CD.
                Right before, it was CD #2 with the Adagios of the late Quartets and now Ingrid Haebeler, Mozart Piano Sonatas – my dreamscape...zzzzzz

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited April 11, 2004).]

Comment

Such a busy weekend, and no Internet! But yesterday I did indeed listen to the immortal Symphony in d minor. It is perfect for Easter
                  This morning though, it is the Sinfonia Concertante in Eb for Violin, Viola & Orchestra - K 364 (320d) by Mozart. If you are a lover of Andantes or Adagios, this piece has one that is simply beautiful, no other words to describe it. Bueno!

------------------
                  Regards,
                  Gurn
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Regards,
                  Gurn
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yes Gurn ! It's a wonderful "sad" adagio that's one of my favourite "slow" movements ever.

Now with a "tear" by Mossorgsky...

Comment

It is an Allegretto, that slow movement of the 7th Symphony, but also beautiful...
                      Welcome back Gurn...

Comment

And a pleasure it is to be back, too. I am nearly at the point where malfunctioning Internet dialup has forced me to consider paying real money that could otherwise be invested in new (old! )music for a satellite internet hookup.
                        But for now, I will continue to listen to the splendid Serenade in Bb for 12 Wind Instruments "Gran Partita" K 370a. What brilliant writing for a diversity of voices! As much as I love Beethoven, even he could not match Mozart's mastery of wind instrument writing, IMHO. Life is good

------------------
                        Regards,
                        Gurn
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Regards,
                        Gurn
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Back to work in London tomorrow. In preparation for this.listening to a scintillating version of Dvorak's eighth symphony on Naxos with the Slovak Philharmonic Orchetra under the baton of Stephen Gunzenhauser Highly recommended

------------------
                          Love from London
                          Love from London

Comment

A little oddity - Quadrille in Bb for little orchestra - K 448c - Mozart - I like a person who can put as much creativity into a one-time little dance as into a major work. Nothing like a craftsman!

------------------
                            Regards,
                            Gurn
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Regards,
                            Gurn
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Again with russian romanticism..
                              Now with Tchaikovsky's violin concerto in D major OP.35.
                              The andante is really beautiful ,featuring Tchaikovsky's talent in melody creation.

Comment

Out of a streetcafe: My newest haule. Mozart, Symphonies 40&41, Symphonic Orchestra London, I think you will agree,there is no 'clunker'...

An afternoon with Jupiter

Comment

Working...
                                X