No announcement yet.

What are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have listened to radio this evening. Mozart Serenade KV 404 and his Requiem KV 341. Great live recordings, a pleasure!

Comment

Yesterday, I slept away with the Diabelli Variations and this morning it was the first, to start it, before I left the bed....

Any suggestions to improve this system?

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
        Yesterday, I slept away with the Diabelli Variations and this morning it was the first, to start it, before I left the bed....

Any suggestions to improve this system?
        Pastorali,
        Ah, that brings me back to my youth, when such a system worked so well for so many things, music included
        Of course, now I am incomparably older, but probably not wiser, nonetheless, I do have some splendid Dvorak this morning, wherein he has stolen Mozart's personal key, g minor, and used it to compose a marvelous little piano trio, his second, Op 26. Surpassing strange how one composer can use a certain key to rip your guts out with while another writes a charming, romantic masterpiece with it.

------------------
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

On this bright and sunny morning it's the Adagio & Rondo for Clarinet & Orchestra
          by Johann Hummel with Conductor Gernot Schmalfuss and Orchestra Czechoslovak Radio Symphony with Solist Dieter Klocker, clarinet, Tonight via radio it'll be Beethoven's Piano Concerto #3! A real treat!

------------------
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
            Pastorali,
            Ah, that brings me back to my youth, when such a system worked so well for so many things, music included
            Of course, now I am incomparably older, but probably not wiser, nonetheless, I do have some splendid Dvorak this morning, wherein he has stolen Mozart's personal key, g minor, and used it to compose a marvelous little piano trio, his second, Op 26. Surpassing strange how one composer can use a certain key to rip your guts out with while another writes a charming, romantic masterpiece with it.

Oh, yeah it seems I got my second springtime now But it is the music Gurn, nothing else. I just thought today, what would be without? Not to think about!

For now it is Haydn, Symphony #103 with the "Drum Roll". Slovak Philharmonia. One of "Papa's" Best.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastorali:
              Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
              Pastorali,

Oh, yeah it seems I got my second springtime now But it is the music Gurn, nothing else. I just thought today, what would be without? Not to think about!

For now it is Haydn, Symphony #103 with the "Drum Roll". Slovak Philharmonia. One of "Papa's" Best.

Pastorali,
              Awww, you are just too conservative, my friend Must agree though, without the music, then what? As one becomes older and ones pleasures tend to go away, music and humor always remain, at least if you are lucky.
              Good symphony! I am still with Dvorak, right now is the Quartet in E major - #8 Op 80 - So Bohemian!

------------------
              Regards,
              Gurn
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Regards,
              Gurn
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Shostakovich Symphony No 7 "Leningrad" The Russian Philharmonic Orchestra under Dmitry Yablonsky My Naxos CD notes tell me that this "has been regarded as an uninhibited response to the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union in June 1941 - the ensuing siege of Leningrad lasting for 870 days and costing over a million lives" Also that "Shostakovich began working on the new symphony in the besieged city that July, completing the first three movements by the end of September. In early October he and his wife and children were evacuated, first to Moscow and then to the city of Kuibyshev"

This is important music

------------------
                Love from London
                Love from London

Comment

Originally posted by Tony John Hearne:
                  Shostakovich Symphony No 7 "Leningrad" The Russian Philharmonic Orchestra under Dmitry Yablonsky My Naxos CD notes tell me that this "has been regarded as an uninhibited response to the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union in June 1941 - the ensuing siege of Leningrad lasting for 870 days and costing over a million lives" Also that "Shostakovich began working on the new symphony in the besieged city that July, completing the first three movements by the end of September. In early October he and his wife and children were evacuated, first to Moscow and then to the city of Kuibyshev"

This is important music

TJ,
                  This is interesting.
                  Shostakovich's Symphony no.7 is brilliant!
                  I believe he wrote 3 or 4 war symphonies.
                  I like his chamber work. He can work on a large and a small canvass.

This morning before setting off to work, it is - Beethoven Sextet in Eb major.

[This message has been edited by Amalie (edited April 06, 2004).]
                  ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz:
                    The first piece of classical music I ever fell in love with, many years ago, was a Stokowski orchestration of a short movement from one of Bach's violin partitas.

I would be interested to hear Stokowski's transcription of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, 1st movement. Anyone heard this?
                    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Same time, same station...aah bed, this night it was Mozart and his Symphonies 'Haffner & Linz', which weared me into sleep...zzzzzz.
                      For a conservative and sensitive guy, like I am, 'my' music is the best fellow, to keep away the world's trouble, at least for some moments...
                      My day is now 2 hours 'old' and I have already enjoyed to some Vivaldi and Bach Concertos. A perfect way, to wake up (and keep) my humor.

Comment

I am listening to Franz Schubert's complete incidental music to "Rosamude". What beautiful music Schubert composed.

Comment

Well, I am nearing the end of my 2 day Dvorak Chamber Music journey, now at the Quintet for Strings in Eb - #3 - Op 97 - What a splendid journey it has been, too.

King, you have reminded me of Schubert, so he will certainly be next. As you say so nicely and true "what beautiful music he composed". I don't like to offer opinions on other's opinions, that being rather nonproductive really, but those who aver that Schubert's music is non-directed and confused, I don't know, perhaps they are speaking rather of themselves than the music?

------------------
                          Regards,
                          Gurn
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Regards,
                          Gurn
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

The Eroica seems very apropos today. Last night's peromrance of Beethoven's Piano Concerto #3 was superb! Enjoyed it thoroughly!

------------------

Comment

Prokofiev, <em>Waltz Suite<em>

Comment

Ohhh, this incomparable Symphony in D!
                                Basicly I just liked to check out for myself the differences of the 'Allegro assai vivace alla Marcia-end'. One time without and the other with B's. original General Pause in bar 747, based on Del Mars 'Revision Report', which is referring to B's. original autograph copy.
                                Finaly, I had to listen the whole Symphony, because I felt, it was just the right moment and the right mood to do it. WOW! An incomparable experience! (and this in the middle of the week)

Now it's after Midnight, time to slowly get in resting position. Mozart: Sonatas KV576, 545, 533 zzzzzz

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited April 07, 2004).]

Comment

Working...
                                X