Liechtenstein Museum in Vienna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liechtenstein Museum in Vienna

It is the current family von und zu Liechtenstein, descendants of Prince Johann I., which made possible this new exhibition in Vienna. Prince Johann I. was an admirer and supporter of Beethoven and I'm sure, B. also walked along many of these wonderful artworks...

It is an interesting look into Beethoven's time and a well made Website.

If you like, check it out: http://www.liechtensteinmuseum.at/en/pages/home.asp

(out of the official text)
    The reopening of the LIECHTENSTEIN MUSEUM to the public on 29 March 2004 marks the return of one of the world’s most important private collections to the city where it came into being. Vienna thus joins Vaduz as a museum location, paying testimony to the long history of engaged patronage of the arts by successive generations of the House of Liechtenstein. The Princely Collections present a varied cross-section of exclusive works from all genres. A concentrated and comprehensive selection of the most important pieces will go on permanent show in the Museum on 29 March 2004.

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited March 27, 2004).]

Pastorali,

Thankyou for the visit to the Liechtenstein museum, which is very interesting collection of art, and the spectacular view of The House of Leichtenstein, set in the mountains, a fascinating place to visit. Perhaps hubby and I shall get there one day.
    Is this house in the postcard which you sent me near where you live?

~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Originally posted by Amalie:

Pastorali,

Thankyou for the visit to the Liechtenstein museum, which is very interesting collection of art, and the spectacular view of The House of Leichtenstein, set in the mountains, a fascinating place to visit. Perhaps hubby and I shall get there one day.
      Is this house in the postcard which you sent me near where you live?

Yes Amalie, this castle is nearby. The snowy mountains behind are one of my prefered walking areas... Just wait till the snow goes away, then comes the typical 'pastorale' feeling! Ahhhh...

Momentary waiting is very pleasantly with Mozart's Piano and Wind Quintet in E, K. 452

Comment

Working...
      X