Niccolo Paganini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niccolo Paganini

While listen to his Violin Concerto #1, I have found this Site about Paganini:
    http://inkpot.com/classical/paganini.html

I just know the first VC, but I like this very pompous and virtuoso work. What do you think generally about his music? What are your favorites of the man who fiddled 'like the devil'?

Pastorali,
    Good discovery! I like all 6 of his concerto, but my favorites are #2 & #4. He seems to have managed the tutti better in those 2, the others I think have got away from him a bit. As for the 24 Caprices, they are unparalleled in the violin literature, comparable in intent and execution to Chopin's Etudes for the piano. What I really would like to hear are his String Quartets, they are very rarely recorded and I have yet to fing them. Some day I hope!

------------------
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regards,
    Gurn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gurn Blanston:
      Pastorali,
      Good discovery! I like all 6 of his concerto, but my favorites are #2 & #4. He seems to have managed the tutti better in those 2, the others I think have got away from him a bit. As for the 24 Caprices, they are unparalleled in the violin literature, comparable in intent and execution to Chopin's Etudes for the piano. What I really would like to hear are his String Quartets, they are very rarely recorded and I have yet to fing them. Some day I hope!

Gurn, this is like a red flag thrown in front of a bull to someone who likes to browse the web:
      http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/...&comp_id=41108

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

As a would be violinist (soon i hope), i find Paganini both interesting and fashinating, but from a purely musical stand point i consider him rather bland...

Comment

Originally posted by Chaszz:
          Gurn, this is like a red flag thrown in front of a bull to someone who likes to browse the web:
          http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/Drilldown?name_id1=9057&name_role1=1&bcord er=1&comp_id=41108

Chaszz,
          Yeah, I found that after posting. Don't know why I didn't run across it before. Dynamic has a lot of pretty rare material (particularly by Italians, of course), but even as recently as a couple of years ago being able to buy them in US was very difficult. Now Arkiv has 'em nailed, as soon as you choke down the price, that is!
          Thanks,

------------------
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Regards,
          Gurn
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~