Here comes that man again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here comes that man again

My apologies to some here for returning to this topic, but there is an announcement that some others may be interested in: WNYC-FM and wnyc.org, the New York City public radio station, is broadcasting a quite good hour-long introduction to Wagner's "Ring" cycle, tonight (March 19) at 7 PM EST, and Sunday March 21 at 2 PM, and again at 6 PM EST, wqhich I believe is 5 hours earlier than London time. The internet address is www.wnyc.org

I just listened to a net broadcast of it. I've seen read and heard a lot of Ring introductions, but this is the best I've encountered. In an hour, they give a good rundown of the plot and hit some of the musical highlights, as well as getting into some interpretive background. A relatively painless way to experience something of this work, with a number of different commentators supplying the details, and some very powerful music.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Originally posted by Chaszz:
    My apologies to some here for returning to this topic, but there is an announcement that some others may be interested in: WNYC-FM and wnyc.org, the New York City public radio station, is broadcasting a quite good hour-long introduction to Wagner's "Ring" cycle, tonight (March 19) at 7 PM EST, and Sunday March 21 at 2 PM, and again at 6 PM EST, wqhich I believe is 5 hours earlier than London time. The internet address is www.wnyc.org

You shouldn't have to appologize for bringing any classical composer up in the forum! Wagner holds his place in the history of music and there isn't much anyone can do to either refute it or uphold it. He's there.

Comment

Working...
    X