New listening site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New listening site

Naxosradio.com is a new listening service which has over 50 channels of music, 40 of them different types of classical music, with no interruptions or commercials. It costs US $9.95 a year. I don't know if it's available in other countries besides the U.S., but I'd assume so. The sound is very good, much better than the free Naxos service, and is continual and error-free, rather than only one movement at a time, and subject to problems, as that service is. I've been enjoying it greatly, as I work at a computer all day long at my job and can work without a problem while listening to music.

Among the non-classical channels are a classic jazz one and a contemporary jazz one, if anyone is interested in learning more about jazz. I've listened only to the classic one, and it's pretty good. If those who try it realize that everything is played in a syncopated beat, called 'swing', and make the effort to get used to this, the music may start to make some sense to you.

See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

I don't recommend the contemporary jazz channel, after listening to it. I don't like most contempoarary jazz any more than I like atonal music.
    See my paintings and sculptures at Saatchiart.com. In the search box, choose Artist and enter Charles Zigmund.

Comment

Working...
    X