No announcement yet.

What are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven for Babies,a compilation of "gentle love songs,graceful minuets,jolly country dances and beloved,Irish Scottish and Welsh Lullabies" very sweet!
    "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

One of Beethoven's Irish Songs:
      "Wife, children and friends"
      Very nice and peaceful music...

Four Hand Piano Music:
      Brahms Symphonies No.1+2

Comment

John Field, Piano Concerto no.3 - Eb major.
        Andreas Staier (piano).

~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Goldberg Variations played by Glenn Gould.
          "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
            Goldberg Variations played by Glenn Gould.
            I love Glenn Gould's recordings of Bach. I have the French Suites and some of the Goldberg Variations. He plays wonderfully, doesn't he?

Comment

Tegan
              I'm in the middle of a great book about Glenn Gould titled 'Wondrous Strange'by Kevin Bazzana.Glenn did not enjoy performing
              and hated the audience and made every effort to shut them out,he avoided all requests to socialize and thought of performing as the way to make money so he could do things ,like, broadcasting and recording .
              His programs of early music mixed with modern pieces were not to everyone's taste,the crowd pleasing music of Beethoven,Haydn and Mozart was not of any interest to him and he often refused to play what his employers wished to hear.
              "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

The Dvorak String Quartet No.12 in F major Op.96 The so called "American" arranged for string Orchestra. Very nice transcription.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceray:
                  Tegan
                  I'm in the middle of a great book about Glenn Gould titled 'Wondrous Strange'by Kevin Bazzana.Glenn did not enjoy performing
                  and hated the audience and made every effort to shut them out,he avoided all requests to socialize and thought of performing as the way to make money so he could do things ,like, broadcasting and recording .
                  His programs of early music mixed with modern pieces were not to everyone's taste,the crowd pleasing music of Beethoven,Haydn and Mozart was not of any interest to him and he often refused to play what his employers wished to hear.
                  At a concert in 1962 with Gould at the piano and Leonard Bernstein conducting the New York Philharmonic in a performance of the Brahm Piano concert no. 1 a strange thing happened. When the conductor and the soloist came on stage the conductor, Berstein, turned to the audience and said he was not in agreement with Glenn Gould on his interpretation of the concerto and was in no way responsible. I believe that was the last time they performed together on stage.
                  Another story of Gould is that when he was in the studio recording he kept his coat on and had his pants tucked inside of his socks. He was indeed a very strange fellow but he sure could play the piano.

Comment

s-m-t-t-n-l

Comment

Ahhhh, another Sunday, another 9th!! This week, The Academy of Ancient Music / Hogwood, a splendid little production with some earcatching tempi and soem very decent singing, the crucial factor in a 9th. HAve a good day, ya'll.

------------------
                      Regards,
                      Gurn
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Regards,
                      Gurn
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

VIVALDI - Stabat Mater.
                        Sung by,James Bowman, Counter-tenor.

The Academy of Ancient Music / Christopher Hogwood.
                        ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

more Bruckner:

the 3rd/ Norrington

the 5th/ Ormandy- Philadelphia Orchestra

(I have recently seen Bruckners 5th at Carnegie Hall with the Philadelphia Orchestra with Swallisch at the baton. It was wonderful!

------------------
                          v russo

[This message has been edited by v russo (edited January 25, 2004).]
                          v russo

Comment

Mozart Oboe Concerto..

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by King Stephen:
                              [B] At a concert in 1962 with Gould at the piano and Leonard Bernstein conducting the New York Philharmonic in a performance of the Brahm Piano concert no. 1 a strange thing happened. When the conductor and the soloist came on stage the conductor, Berstein, turned to the audience and said he was not in agreement with Glenn Gould on his interpretation of the concerto and was in no way responsible. I believe that was the last time they performed together on stage.

Gould wished to take "an unspectacular approach to this spectacular piece .He wanted to minimize the dramatic contrasts of piano and orcherstra and of 'masculine' and 'feminine'themes, to play down the elevated,often tragic rhetoric of the music and the barnstorming virtuosity of the solo part.Instead,he wanted to read into the music 'the analytical standpoints of our own day'-of Schoenberg.

This from "Wondrous Strange"
                              by Kevin Bazzana
                              "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Haydn's Piano Sonata in E flat major Vladimir Horowitz This must be as good as it gets

------------------
                                Love from London
                                Love from London

Comment

Working...
                                X