No announcement yet.

What are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some relaxation with Chopin's nocturns..Op.9-3 and op.27-2....Very romantic!

Comment

All this week my classical radio station has been having a special program on Beethoven's Cello Sonatas. Opus 102 #2; Opus 5 #2; Opus 102 #1; and Opus 5 #1. Very enjoyable indeed hearing all four one each day. Today they're finishing the week with a discussion and his Piano Trio.

------------------
      'Truth and beauty joined'
      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Quartet in c for Piano & Strings, #1 Op 1 - Felix Mendelssohn -
        Regards,
        Gurn
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        That's my opinion, I may be wrong.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Johann Christian Bach's Clavier Concertos played by Ingrid Haebler.
          "Finis coronat opus "

Comment

Beethoven's String Quartet in F major, Op. 59 No. 1 "Rasumovsky" and the String Quartet in E flat major, Op. 74 the "Harp".

Comment

Trying to catch up on Rod's MP3's. Other than that I've been working on Prokofiev.

Comment

Hello, I`m Judith. This is my first time on a forum. I`ve just been listening to Beethoven`s piano sonata op2 no3 in cmajor. Each movenent has a diferent mood to it from the very powerful to the very beautiful, like the second movement. Every time I hear any Beethoven sonata it`s always in a different way from before. It`s as perfect as music ever gets.
                What is your favourite Beethoven sonata?

------------------
                All the world`s indeed a stage

Comment

Welcome Judith! I hope you enjoy this forum discussions about Beethoven and classical music in general..

My favourite sonatas are "Appasionata","Moonlight" and op.111.
                  By the way, this has been asked before,so you can use the "search" engine to refer to previous topics..

I'm listning now to Rachmaninov 2nd piano sonata ...

[This message has been edited by Ahmad (edited February 21, 2004).]

Comment

SCHUBERT, Salve Regina, in A - D676.
                    Soprano, Zdena Kloubova,
                    Conductor, Andreas Weiser.

NICCOLO JOMMELLI, Lamentations of Jeremiah.
                    Soprano, Veronique Gens.
                    Counter-tenor, Gerard Lesne.
                    Conductor, Christophe Rousset.

Sublime!
                    ~ Courage, so it be righteous, will gain all things ~

Comment

Well, in honor of it being such a beautiful early Spring day outside, decided to go with Beethoven's Symphony in d minor -- Academy of Ancient Music / Hogwood. Perfect music for any occasion!

------------------
                      Regards,
                      Gurn
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Regards,
                      Gurn
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Op2No3 in cmajor. I think the early sonatas are just as original sounding as the later ones. My other favourites right now are OP27 No2 "Moonlight" and Op31 "Tempest"

Comment

Op2No3 is what I`m addicted to listening to right now. I think the early sonatas are just as original sounding as the later ones. My other favourites at the moment are OP27 No2 "Moonlight" and Op31 "Tempest"

------------------

Comment

Tchaikovsky's smphony no.4..

Comment

Originally posted by judith:
                              Op2No3 is what I`m addicted to listening to right now. I think the early sonatas are just as original sounding as the later ones. My other favourites at the moment are OP27 No2 "Moonlight" and Op31 "Tempest"

The early ones are great - so full of youthful vitality.

------------------
                              'Man know thyself'
                              'Man know thyself'

Comment

I'm listening to a live recording of the 'Salzburger Festspiele' 1972, Gundula Janowitz, sopran and Irwin Gage, piano:

Lieder by Franz Schubert and Anselm Hüttenbrenner:

Out of the CD notes:
                                "Preserving the Unrepeatable"
                                ...It is all the more interesting that Gundula Janowitz did not choose wellknown songs for the Schubertian part of her recital but instead rarely heard compositions on texts of Friedrich von Schiller, Friedrich Schlegel and his friend Johann Mayrhofer. Above all, the Lied cantata 'Einsamkeit' (Loneliness) D 620, that rounded off the recital is a highly interesting work that Schubert himself, in a letter of August 1818, called "the best I've ever done"

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited February 24, 2004).]

Comment

Working...
                                X