Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern classical music, why is always derelict?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Opus131:
    Is there any band from the 70's and 80's that you also like ?!?
    Opus131
    A favorite band of myself was all the time 'Focus'. All members with a classical education, they had also many classical quotes in their songs. Maybe you know it?

That reminds me, I should listen a time again to 'Aranjuez' played by Jan Ackermann on guitar. (Will be a dusty CD cover, I fear)

[This message has been edited by Pastorali (edited March 13, 2004).]

Comment

Originally posted by cosplusisin:
      wow! this is only my second post on this message board. my first post is asking for advice (so far no one has replied), but until very recently, I have been listening only to rock music and the like, and my favorite has been radiohead for quite some time... I always kind of wondered how many classical music lovers also listen to radiohead, because, while I am not too well educated in music or music history, I do play music (I've played guitar for 10 years and I started learning piano/keyboard just over a year ago), and I do see that there is something in their music, but now I've found there's lots in what they call "classical" music. I am young (22), so the culture has affected me I guess, and you don't get exposed to too much beethoven in the mainstream media.

on another note, regarding current classical composers, has anyone heard of Mikis Theodorakis? His soundtrack to "Z" has some beautiful moments on it, as does the "Phaedra" soundtrack.

Sorry again (I apologized in my other post for "rambling") for rambling... I am new to this board... Hi!

[This message has been edited by cosplusisin (edited March 12, 2004).]

Radiohead is an excellent band. Jin and I also like this group. I feel they make significant and important "music" for any genre. I wish there was more rock groups out there like them.

welcome to the forum,

------------------
      v russo
      v russo

Comment

Originally posted by Opus131:
        Is there any band from the 70's and 80's that you also like ?!? Just in case we can find some common ground
        Pretty much just pre-1987 Pink Floyd. And to a MUCH lesser extent, Led Zeppelin. I also like the Doors, but they were just as 60s as they were 70s.

As far as King Crimson goes, I have heard that they are good, but still to this day, I have never heard anything from them. Someday I may check them out.

Comment

Working...
        X