Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven- influential in history

Hi all,
    I'm new here, my favorite composer is Beethoven. I'm doing a history project on Beethoven, as one of the most influential people in history. Why is he? I got some ideas but I'm curious to see other reasons why he is so influential in history.

If anyone could help me out that would be great.

I don't agree he is one of the most influential people in history, even if you are talking solely musically. Probably the greatest musical influence was Guido d'Arrezo without whose system of notation the last 900 years of music would not exist.

------------------
    'Man know thyself'
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Mars:
      Hi all,
      I'm new here, my favorite composer is Beethoven. I'm doing a history project on Beethoven, as one of the most influential people in history. Why is he? I got some ideas but I'm curious to see other reasons why he is so influential in history.

If anyone could help me out that would be great.

Hello,

yes i agree with peter. i wouldnt say he is the most influential, but he was certainly an important influence. it was beethoven who broke away from the classical tradition and moved towards the romantic era. he was the first to test out the new style of composition, and from him came Carl Czerny who was also a tremendous influence. Without Beethoven there would be no czerny, liszt, etc. The romantic era might not have come about, or not in the form it did.

Shane

Comment

Working...
      X